From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Saturday, May 29, 2010

DAY 18:FAST NON GREASY PANEER


When in doubt , i just make Paneer, its wholesome and tasty and really quick and easy, so after we watched Nadira Zaheer Babbar's children's play "Jungle Dhoom.com", which Zeke and Zene enjoyed ,because it had kids dressed like animals and they sang and danced, they were really cute .
So the next thing on the agenda ," food ", its just too hot to eat out ,so i got some paneer from "punjab paneer " on the way home and this is what i made....of course with hazaar instrucions from Zeke and Zene who think they are both chefs, so its really cute and funny, the stuff they come up with, and it always ends with , "good you listened to me na, i know how to make this "

300 g paneer
1 big onion
3 tomatoes grated
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 capsicum
salt to taste

In a non stick i added a little oil , then added the onion that i ran through the mixer, cooked it really well , then added the grated tomatoes and the haldi, coriander powder and the garam masala, added a little salt and cooked this till looked nice and thick and had a lovely orange colour, added cubes of paneer and the capsicum , cooked it for just over 8 minutes and , served it hot and piping with some fresh roti.....
Ok i did put a little home-made ghee over it for that special comfort feeling...
It is all over , which is why the photograph has such a small serving...
I use paneer in pizzas, kheema , pasta ....basically anything that needs a little more homey feel to it..Paneer also reminds me of my friend Jaya's daughter Gia, when i first saw her she looked like this chubby piece of paneer, completely chomp-able ha ha ha
This was the fastest dish i have made in 2 weeks, fresh , hot Paneer , straight from "Maria's Kitchen"

7 comments:

  1. hahahaha ya and u called her that for the longest time! this sounds yummy M. im going to try this tonite...without the ghee. u skinny bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your recipe for paneer with ppl like me who are always living an upside down world of IT , Paneer is an instant hit , i will be trying out this recipe and will definitely let u know how it tastes and GHeee hmmm.. willl put some my rooomie will just love it :). Thanks for all those wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lifesaver. Was looking for a simple and quick recipe for my vegan friends and this is delicious. Thanks! :)

    However, busy my day is I always visit atleast once to take a peek and it never disappoints. Its funny, real, creative and please do keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy - I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy...I was really hoping that you'd try some vegetarian recipes. Well, I really like ur show "Do it Sweet".

    Deeksha
    http://themindblogging.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Shreya..u cud also try egg...if u r eggitarian..its much faster than paneer

    @Maria: you have some passion gurrl..for it takes a lot to make all the dishes you prepare n then u too share for foodies like us...awesomme....thanks a lot!! n plzz keep posting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Maria , I just saw this comment and I was thrilled you appreciated my play.Its written in Hindi and called Kissa Koyal Ka. I know Nadira jee did a great job of directing it.If you want to check out my other books, they are on www.junglestories.com /Collected tails of Jungleland by Shipra Shukla
    Kshipra Shukla ( I spell it with a K for my Hindi works)

    ReplyDelete