From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DAY16:FRESH SUMMER SALAD WITH A DASH OF SIN


OK , i just want to stop this heat , its so darn hot and humid, my brain is getting COMPLETELY fried, but then we better off in Mumbai ,my friend Gaurav Kapoor in Delhi said that he is feeling like "a piggy on a slow pit fire " ha ha ha
So yup i love my Bombay ,Mumbai whatever you wanna call it, to me its home...
My cousin Penny-Ann who moved to Australia sent me a message asking me to make a salad, so on this hot and humid day , so that's what I'm making...
I know whenever we think of salads , we think ...Oh! My God , I'm dieting , but salads can be a lot of fun , frankly i just put in my favourite leaves my favourite meat and because i dislike heavy dressings and creamy dressings in my salad , i just toss some olive oil and some rock salt , because i love to bite into bits of it while having my salad, peeped into my fridge and found

farfalle
cucumber
tomato
salad leaves
roquette leaves
broccoli
carrots
baby corn
red and yellow peppers
boiled potato
salmon

I very lightly boiled the carrots, baby corn and broccoli and kept it aside to cool.
Then very lightly pan fried a small piece of the salmon and broke up the flakes.
Then diced the tomato,and cucumber and red and yellow peppers.Hand mixed it all in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil some rock salt and a dash of freshly squeezed orange juice, also tossed in some butter fried garlic for a little drama....
And since i love mashed potatoes, i mashed the potato , added butter and cream to it , with rock salt and chili flakes ....and some good old fashioned bacon ....
Grate 1 carrot really fine and deep fry it and use it as garnish on the mashed potatoes..

And voila you have a lovely" Fresh Summer Salad with a dash of Sin" on the side straight from "Maria's Kitchen.

5 comments:

  1. awesome..i luv experimenting with salads too..i dont think that they are boring..one can make them in a variety of ways...n it being healthy as well (unless one puts heavy dressings ofcourse)...jst read the recipe and d blog right now after a long long day...gonna try it out tomorrow :) luv bean salads as well...:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can live on salads Maria ....can i make it without salmon ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its healthy but I still hate salads...And I love reading the stories interwoven to your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching u in living foods n u r doing amazing.. I have brought ur book from my kitchen to Urs. please let me know dey second edition. Love u

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching u in living foods n u r doing amazing.. I have brought ur book from my kitchen to Urs. please let me know dey second edition. Love u

    ReplyDelete