From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Sunday, November 6, 2011

TANTE MARIE -WEEK 6

Tante Marie - week 6

Day 1-Well Monday was not as nice as I expected, guess it's because I spent the last 4 days having so much fun , that had to feel a bit low and outa sorts ..
Firstly was not able to sleep well..
Secondly felt like on the verge of tears ...
Thirdly wanted to just go home

The nice thing was , I had Amanda as my partner this week and she is very very good , so felt ok that I was feeling slack ...
Go to class to find out that Amanda has not slept very well either ..
Well spent the day cooking mechanically ..
But there is always something good that always happens ..
Got to know my friend Danny from NYC was passing through London..
And so even though I wanted to call it a day ...
I left for London ..
And thank god for that because an hour later Rachna , Sharon, Danny , Tieran and me were sitting @Roti chai, Rachna 's new haunt , having authentic Mumbai tasting bhel and chai , and dhokla etc ...
We then went to Sanjay and Rachna's house .... Which is breath-takingly beautiful...
Spent time chatting and having mint tea ..
By the time I reached home , I was a happy bunny .

Day 2
Tuesday we cooked with Nick ..
It's always nice cooking with him , because he is very chilled ...
I cut and cleaned a trout , oh no it was not trout .. Forgot what it was ..and this may come for our exams ...but cut and cleaned a fish or le poisson ...as the French would say ...
So we were all really attentive and amidst mucho banter , we cooked cleaned and ate too much for lunch ..
Had to have a double espresso shot , or would fall asleep ...
After-noon with Ally is always nice ..
More food , more dessert and i was on my way back ...
I have not run for 3 weeks now .. Very upset , but it's raining and I love excuses I think ..
Will run post my theory exams on the 11 th
But I promised my land lady I would make dinner, so went to the market and got all my ingredients and got dinner ready ..
Eve is adorable she is an Arien like my friend Sandy , so is lovely , mad , adorable and loving ..
And her partner Ralph is a Virgo , he is too cute, indulges her , cooks , makes her laugh and is very loving ..
And it's really lovely to hear them laughing and watching tv...
So put my timer on and started my budget lunch , so 2 hours later , the lovely Eve and me set the dinner table and chivalrous Ralph , poured me a glass of wine and said , cheers you fully deserve this ...
And the three of us sat and enjoyed our meal amongst banter and laughter..
Eve is just wonderful ..
I'm so happy I'm living with her , she is like a friend and surrogate mother all wrapped into one ..
Could not sleep , so sat writing and counting sheep ..

Day 3
It was a fantastic day in the kitchen, we made some amazing rack of lamb and super dessert..
I think because we start cooking @9.30am and finish by 1 pm, we are so hungry that, when lunch is served , we just gobble our food and then post lunch , if we having a demonstration or a lunch , I'm terribly sleepy, so had a double espresso shot, which is definitely not good ...
Because I was again awake for some time ...

Day 4
Today was actually a day of rest, because we just had theory , another class cooked for us and they made us fantastic,"murgi aur aloo", I was laughing in my head , wondering how they pronounced this , but ate this and freshly made naan....
And then freshly made profiteroles au chocolate ...
Maja, Olly,Katie,Ally and me...stuffed our faces and went hysterical laughing and eating chocolate...
Then I think we went ballistic , and started planning a photo shoot , and then a visit to a night club hopefully ...
Cannot believe that I got so happy and excited about going to a night club , I never really party back home...
Then we all started discussing our funny hopes and dreams ..and in the middle of this all Katie says, " you going to Ireland, my husband lives there" , and we were like what , "you married" , and she cooly says , " no, but I'm gonna marry an Irish-man " ...
So I have been given the job of getting back photograph and number ...
Then Maja is going grape picking to South Africa, Gosh ! That is my favourite place on earth , and don't really think she will want to come back, from there....
Olly sqealed with delight saying , she thinks South African men are hot, and frankly yup I do agree, they are really good looking and I just love their accent...
So then it was decided that we will all go to South Africa to meet Maja on a vineyard, and Olly can find her African dude....
And the rest of us will just roam around ...
Because truthfully if there is one country I can easily migrate to , it's South Africa, Cape Town to be precise ...
This is how insane chocolate eating is in the middle of the afternoon for us girls ...but it was fun , because we all sat together and laughed, and made plans that I have no clue , if we will go through with , but the nice thing is we wanted to hang and have fun together ...
It was a good day ...Because we had a food demonstration in the afternoon with Tim , so we stuffed our faces and went home happy ...

Day 5..
Like any Friday, we all cooking and waiting to get home for the week end, not felt like this since college..
We made really nice chicken in class..
But I love my mums baked chicken better...yup that's true...
Post lunch, we made super duper pate a genoise commune and fudge to completely die for ...
But we will get this when we come back to class on Monday, so we were scrapping the dish and eating ...
I'm so gonna miss all the fun when I go back ...
It's wonderful her..
I'm the mistress of my own time...
The choreographer of my own sequence and the sheep who wants to wander far away from the confines of the pastures I know...
On a better and more exciting note , I'm going to Ireland ...
Can't wait ....
Gosh .... I'm happy ....

1 comment:

  1. Maria,

    You're almost getting poetic missy. :D
    Anyway, when i'm having a-not-so-good-day( like today ), your blog brings a smile to my face, so i'm already feeling a wee bit better. Thank you for that. And there's nothing better than having your girlfriends around especially accompanied with chocolate and wine eh... we're on another planet altogether and in high spirits, not to forget the nonsensical things we talk about.

    When do you get back? Can't wait to see photos of dishes you've cooked and baked. Have a super duper time in Ireland.

    Love,
    Cres

    ReplyDelete