From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

MY LOVE AFFAIR ....


How did it start...
Did I know from the start that this was how it would be ...not really you know..
Because this is not someone new...we found each other...purely by chance I think ..
And in the bargain, just found myself..I think ..
My beginning , a brand new me...
I found traits I never knew existed ...
I felt all different, and a little bold..Shiny and raring to go ...
I found peace , love and happiness...that I could finally feel and hold ...
Everyone kept saying ...
You will never go through with it ...
Deep inside I was frightened , I was scared , but something inside me knew..
It's now or never...
I either go with what I love ..or then forever wonder..
How my life would be ...so I took those steps ...one ..two ..three...
And kaboom...it's like I have never felt before...
I smiled and laughed and talked like I have never done...
I walked miles in the cold and in the hiding sun..
My walk had a spring in it's step...
My eyes looked different and luminous , even if I had not slept...
It's like I needed nothing ...
Music made me happy ..
I sat alone for hours , drinking green tea and making plans , that maybe would not walk with me ...
But I was afraid no more...
I had found a little light inside me...
I could actually live alone and travel without a soul...
I ran in the cold and would wake up even before my alarm would ring...
Is life not wonderful when it's just about simple things ...
It does not really matter anymore what will be...
Because my heart is moving at a pace , where I'm happy and it's started a fire , that will roar for quite a while, maybe the flames will die out...
But the embers are going to stay warm forever more...
When I think of this and how I feel...
I wish that everyone has one little chance to feel ...
This special , this loved...
To feel like you have grown wings and are encased in your own little world..
Where the weather is perfect and the fields glow like gold..
Where everyone is safe...
And you have to search no more..
Because your heart is filled with all you ever wanted and more...
To every day there is a night...
To every ocean a shore...
Love is a two-way street ..
It does not pass with time , if it's true..
It make you smile...when you may feel , oh so blue ..
And warms your heart...even if you ,not feeling like you want a part ..
Of whatever is coming your way ...
So with my love I walk ahead ...
I have learnt a few valuable lessons in life this year...
That if you want something with your whole heart and soul ...
You may get it if it's going to be good for you ...and sometimes you may make plans that will never come true...
Know that does not feel too nice...but think it's the universe 's way of protecting you ...
And keeping you true to yourself....
Sometimes you are very sure of something and it just goes all wrong at the very end ...
I wish everyone has a chance to go with what they truly love ...
Sometimes, what we love and what is right may differ like chalk and cheese..but if the twain does meet ...
I think we would all agree...
It could not get better that what true happiness and wonderment could be ....
And so today I thank the One above , for introducing me to my "love" ...
To find something I never really went looking for..
But apparently was knocking on my door...
And so I dived right in and put my all...
I realise that it's my passion , something that is one with my soul...
And maybe it will grow into something fantastic or always stay right where it's been ...
Part of my being ...under my skin ...

I love cooking and feeding people I love ...
I want to envelope all and share what I have learnt..
Every time I see someone enjoy what I make ...
I feel a deep sense of content and pure happiness..there is nothing to lose, nothing at stake ,,but hated exams, they gave me a head-ache ..
It's never to late to walk on a new road...
Take that step...
Take a chance...
How wrong can you go ...
Life is always full of romance...when you are at the right time in the right place ....

My time here at Tante Marie has nearly come to an end...
This part of my life I will never forget...
To walk in the cold, hang with friends and learn food together , gave me joy to no end...
I cherish all the days I spent here...
And will remember everyone with kindness ...
All the wonderful moments that were made mine...
All the people who helped me walk the line ...

We are all now going our separate ways, never to meet again I think ...
But this time ,has just been imprinted in my heart and soul...
In this lifetime of mine...

This is my little love affair, that I'm never letting go ...
And going to stay with me till the very end of my time ...

Of finding out new things and finding joy in little things...
Of music and sitting alone..
And dreaming of mountains so high and paths unwalked..hearing pretty birds sing , of flowers smiling in spring ...of rusty orange leaves falling..
And smiling and laughing ...
Of long fun lunches and playing cards in the sun..
Of us girls giggling in our changing rooms and discussing what's to be done..
Of exams and deep stress...
Of losing and winning ..
Of drinking espresso shots to keep awake . after we had stuffed our faces during lunch, with huge amounts of cake ...
Of deep connections and budget calculations ...
Met wonderful beings ...all under one roof..whose sole purpose was to learn food , so that they could go out and feed ...
One and all , till the break of Dawn...

Dear Andrew and Mrs.A..
Dear Vera, Ally, Kate, Nick, Tim and Al...
You have given me much more than you know...
And thank you for all you have done for me , from the bottom of my heart..
Maybe I'm not good with saying this to your face, but ...
The time I have spent with you , will always be among the most interesting and fun phases of my life...and in my heart will always have a very special place..

And will always look back at Tante Marie , with a great sense of pride and love...
And thank God for making it possible for me to follow my dream ...With a suitcase full of blessings from above ...

6 comments:

  1. ye to suruat hai...........age dekhiye ...hum aye to ......baha aaye..........

    Watit in life this our best symbol for best sharing .........Devparekh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written.. Can I please use this and edit to send to someone else?

    Amit
    amitji.k@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amit,
    You can dedicate this to whoever you like...
    But if the person really matters to you, think you should use your words...it does not really matter you know, as long as you can tell her how you feel ..thats more important ...
    All the best ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, You are beautiful and you are a beautiful person. It comes through what you write. Stay happy and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria,
    I have been reading your blog for quite some time now.... like all the things about it.... i love cooking too :) .... love to make & bake things and feed everyone i love especially my younger brother & sisters.... and when i see the way they smile makes me feels blessed...hope to start a blog of my own some day... today is one of my those days when you just feel like nothings gonaa work out.... then i came across what you wrote above... made me smile :)... i guess i have some decisions to make now, which will help me keep smiling forever :) .... thanks ... what you shared above really helped... :)

    ReplyDelete