From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Saturday, November 26, 2011

TANTE MARIE- WEEK 9..A BITTER SWEET WEEK ...











Tante Marie -week 9

Tuesday
After a Monday that I wanted to forget, Tuesday was a wonderful day , filled with my favourite cuisine...Italian ...
We made spaghetti , gnocchi , cannelloni, ravioli, panzerotti. Canoli ....
Well am sure you can imagine what our kitchen felt like, it was buzzing with activity under the precise guidance of Kate...
Who is someone I have come to respect and admire, she is very straight jacketed about her work and very gently insists we do things her way , and frankly , that's why she is teaching us , because she is fantastic ....
We all buzzed about like bees, this is nearly our last week ..and it was a week of lots of pressure and tension and tears...
Because of exams and results ...
But lunch was fantastic..it was nice to spend time laughing and stuffing our faces...
We have stopped counting calories completely at least I have ..
Katie and me were fantastic together and did things in tandem , she is very very good and is very precise and works really fast ...and very adorable...

We were stuffed like Christmas stockings by the fire-side...
And all I wanted to do , was sleep by the warmth of a log fire and eat marsh-mallows ...

Walked out of my class and into Kejanne..who was in tears...
She is South African and is in the 1year course and is a wonderful talented and spirited girl, and exudes an energy which is infectious..she did not finish her exam on time ...
Gosh ...exams...I just hugged her tight, knew exactly how she was feeling ..she was so broken ..and there is nothing anyone can do post an exam ..not gone to well. But pray and let it go ...she sobbed and know she must have sobbed some more when she was alone ..
I could feel her pain ...
And just wanted her to feel better , which eventually , we all get over ..And do ...

We had a demonstration post lunch , which post a fantastic meal , is just impossible to stay awake for, so dozed like a falling daisy and then just went for double shots of espresso..that always works ...

Wednesday
Exam time in our class again ...
So while one group cooked and another cleaned for them ...
Ally and me spent the morning cooking with Nick ...
Twice baked fish souffle..
Beer bread, oven roasted ratatouille ..etc..
We were done really early and I loved our morning together, ally is this pretty girl , with big brown eyes and very sweet..
We arranged the food in plates and it all looked so pretty and inviting and then sat down and ate together, the results of our entire morning sitting happy in our tummy 's ...
Amanda, Tom, Sam and Joe ..
Finished their exams and came and joined us...not every one had the perfect time ..
Guess ..exams are stressful for all, but think Sam and Katie were calm and made no mistakes..neither did Maja...
Well we all have to wait ...
And that's that ...

Thursday
Today flew, like a swan migrating to warmer lands...
It just zipped...
I decided to go watch "breaking Dawn" alone ...
I don't like scary movies ...but it was nice, filled with love, romance, and vampires who fall in love, werewolves and babies ...
And I liked the thought of imprinting ...like finding someone who is your protector and will love you and look out for you ..
And little " renesme"don't know if that's the right spelling ...
But love babies ...
But I was ...I love , love stories...
And so shopped for my weekly groceries and sat and watched the movie, well what can I say , I liked it..
But think I liked Jacob most of all...
He has eyes that I completely love ..
Slightly slanting but not slits...
Very very Peter Pan ....who I completely love ....

Friday
Well today was cooking with Tim...
I really like working with Tim, he is absolutely chilled and very brilliant as a chef and a cool guide...
We finished lots of food very very quickly and for the first time had a break in the middle of our cooking ..
Made " eggs benedict"and we all sat together and devoured our mid-morning snack ...
This is one of our few last meals together...
Seriously gonna miss all of this...
Sat with Maja talking till really late, drank hot chocolate and walked back in the cold ...
It has been an amazing two and a half months

Don't even remember the last time , I set out to do something I love doing..
Learned so so so much , and met amazing people..
Connected deeply , laughed, sang, sulked, giggled, stuffed my face, travelled, got upset, cried, howled, listened to music , shopped, got lost , found my way and found my happy place inside me ....

Now to another week and I'm home-bound ...
Happy and full of new things....

No comments:

Post a Comment