From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Sunday, April 29, 2012

DAY 70 - IRRESISTIBLE GOOEY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES




If there is one thing in this world I just cant give up...
I make various promises to myself to stop being in touch with...
I stop associating with for periods of time..
I snub..
I ignore..
I break up with...
I completely give up during Lent..
I give up as a thanks- giving to God for various favours received...(You see  I cant help bribing even GOD with this)
But I'm completely and totally addicted to CHOCOLATE...
It's a connection that just over rides many life times...
Maybe I was a chocolatier in a previous life..
Or then maybe a fat wicked witch cast a spell on me...Jealous cow ...
Or then I was dropped into a cauldron of chocolate as a kid and my mum never told me...
Its the only thing besides, ummmm.... LOVE, that makes my world go round ...
I devour chocolate when I'm happy , sad , mad , bad, cranky, pranky, sunny days, winter days , stormy days and even in the spring...
As a kid I used to smear chocolate on my lips and , lick it off a little at a time...ha ha ha
Err..... I sometimes still do this when no one is looking...
Try it, its great fun...

My favorite chocolate in the world is a very humble chocolate called ,"Galaxy"...
Well what can I say, it really is out of the world...
so so corny ...ha ha ha

Well I love making stuff with chocolate..
and so  I always keep slabs of chocolate at home , in case I feel like baking something or the other...
To me Chocolate makes me fall in love..with life..
And I love being in love...
It's such a wonderful place to be in ...

I feel Chocolate  has magical powers and hence I totally believe that I'm magical since I am mostly filled with lotsa Chocolate..

I don't believe its fattening at all...
And how can something that makes you so happy, be bad...

I remember people saying ,"don't give your kids chocolate, it makes them hyper"...
But I have never really listened to what people say or bothered about what they say about me or adhered to any rules...
I live my life taking chances and living with courage to face ...whatever...
I do what comes naturally and learn my lessons of life as I live...

And so Zeke , Zene and me have devoured tons of chocolate and danced and sung and played and have a great time...
Anyway , I have been ordered by the doctor to always carry chocolate with me since I suffer from "Low blood pressure;...
Yup,  its weird , most people think I'm hyper...which I may be on the outside..
But my insides are calm , serene and full of sweet love...
And I love being this bag of contradictions, its what makes me ...ME..
Yes ...I'm easy going and friendly and open-hearted and believing...
And that may not always be nice...,...
But I'm staying this way...because that's the only way I know how...

And so a few days ago, I woke up and felt like, I should be hanging with CHOCOLATE ...
And so pulled out my recipe books, and googled and went through my notes,and decided to make something that is UMMMMMM ....Happy and full of love...
Now that is such an irresistible combination...
And after a lot of serious choco-hunting all over the country side...

I met Jamie Oliver..
Now who does not like a good- lookin chap who cooks like better ,than your ..errr MAMA...
Well I thought it would be great hanging with him ...
In the virtual world that is, and make these deeelicious babies....ha ha ha

INGREDIENTS
250 gm -Unsalted butter
200 gm- Cooking chocolate
50 gm- walnuts optional
80 gm- cocoa powder
65 gm - plain flour
1 tsp- baking powder
360 gm- Castor sugar
4 large eggs..I used 5 because we have normal small eggs...
And I added 2 tbsp of Philadelphia cream cheese ....Just wanted to be a little risky, since I was cookin with Jamie...
ha ha ha I have lost it ...

METHOD..

Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees...
Line a 9-10 inch pan with silicon paper...ya now I cant seem to do anything without it..Tante Marie spoilt me...
Melt the butter and chocolate over a baine-Marie ..or in a double boiler..Or then just zap it in a microwave, taking care not to over do it .....Mix it until really smooth and glossy..
Add the chopped walnuts..
Add the Philadelphia cream cheese..
In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients , sieve it and add it to the chocolate nut mix.., stir it together really well... 
Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the brownie mix, mixing really well..
Put your Brownie mix in a tray and cook it for about 25-30 minutes, or till the mix does not jiggle in the middle..
Be careful not to over cook this, as they should be a little firm n the outside but gooey in the middle..
Allow it to cool...


Well I do not have too much patience when it comes to chocolate, so I waited for a bit and then , picked up the silicon paper with the awesome hot chocolate filled baked brownie staring at me... 
Put it on a chopping board and cut it into  big chunks...
Well all I can say is that , I bit into  a chunk of ...
Have actually no words to describe it as I'm still chomping on the last piece..
It is soft and crunchy and the Phily gives it a gooeyness that's just irresistible...And the chocolate flavour just overtakes you like a handsome pirate , and you willingly get robbed , with a naughty smile plastered on your face ..
At this point of time if Bradley Cooper wanted to go out with me , I would refuse ...ha ha ha ..

So here's presenting "Irresistible Gooey Chocolate Brownies"...made with a lot of mischief ..and a wink...
Only and Only from , "Maria's Kitchen' ...

Er ...Bradley ...I can meet you , an hour from now, If you are really lucky...ha ha ha ...
See that's why I Love Chocolate ..
(its Soul Food for my Gooey Heart) 







32 comments:

  1. brownies are best for the home chocolate treats to oneself!!!

    btw, read about ur blog today on TOI sunday spread..!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiii...in the mornin read about ur blog in TOI .. and the 2nd thing i decided to do was to read it .. i was nice reading ur blog and sum of ur recipes .. nd nw i am goin to make it a point to read it everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria, lovely blog and thoughts well put in words. Expresses yourself very well. I love chocolate brownies and totally love your version of brownies. Simple and decadent treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian really out of depression wid d choclates

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I want to try those!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Galaxy is my favorite too...Well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria i have become a huge fan of yours now!
    wow..i read so many columns here and all are just fantastic they all have rhythm in that which binds me till the end...
    and gosh u are just lovable and a great cook indeed...
    though i can't make all those dishes by myself but ya i can feel the taste and let my mouth completely watered..whoohh!!
    well, i am really glad to find you..thanks to TOI..!!!
    love u...keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!Just my luck Maria!!!Was planning to make brownies tomorrow since its my day off and came across these.Will surely try this out tomorrow:-)Thanks

    Pia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am going straight into the kitchen to try out your scrumptious recipe and am sure the girls will love the brownies !! Thanks to TOI that i found your blog spot....its so beautifully done and i loved going through your article too !Thanks
    Sapna

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i actually thought u had met jamie oliver but turns out it was all virtuall ..damn !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All this talking of chocolate and i want to watch the movie chocolat. You could seriously starr in the indian version if any of our directors get inspired to make it. None better than you.and I read that your blog went public on sunday thanks to an article in TOI. It feels like sharing my jar of cookies with everyone but i guess sharing is good.
    Buenas Noches, o mistress of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. had to come back again. ALl the chocolate in the world is not making me happy. Read the fine print in the Times article. Maria Goreeti, VJ turned homemaker (I have no ojections to you being a VJ turned homemaker)but seriously............................................................................................................................ (i hope you get how mad i am) give me the no of the person who writes these intresting things and i will tell them that you are a salsa dancing muffin making, yogaing, blog writing, going to climb a mountain girl and much much more and sure you are a VJ turned Home maker. What is this obsession with the term home maker anyways. HAD TO RANT HERE cause there's nowhere else. All the amazing things that you write on your blog and they sum it up in one sentence which does nothing to describe you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely Maria.....off to the kitchen now !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Read about your blog in TOI and I knew HAVE to visit your space. The brownies look absolutely fab and I mean I-want-to-grab-a-piece fab :D. Lovely blog dear. Totally going to follow from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks to TOI....got to know about your blog....awesome space....loved the brownies(am an incurable chocoholic myself)...couldn't find the followers button...so am at a complete loss on how to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First time here ! I don't think I have met anyone who does not love or like chocolate !! Special if it is dark - !! I must confess chocolate make me think :)) so I need it !! Love brownies , need to make some myself !

    Looking fwd to happy chocolate times !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Ms Maria,

    I always abstain myself from blogs and Food Blogs! That's out of question. However in TOI supplement, I read about this blog and sometimes somewhere I have this hidden urge to try my hands in kitchen to surprise my wife and my lovely daughters. So I have decided to follow your blog and try some dishes mentioned therein at home. Will let you know the result of course. It's my pleasure to be connected with your blog.

    With warm regards

    Ashoka@ Vashi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ashok@ Vashi, Navi MumbaiMay 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

    And forgot to mention one more thing. I will make it a point to visit your blog each day not only for food blogs but also the rich content your writing offers. These come through your heart and hence do appeal genuinely.

    Regards

    Ashoka@ Vashi, Navi Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ashoka@ Vashi, Navi MumbaiMay 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM

    Dear Ms Maria,

    As I had mentioned above, I am going to try your dishes to impress my daughters and wife. So to begin with I was thinking to try Dear Ms Maria,

    As I had mentioned above,now I am seriously planning to try Happy Baked Chicken. (I do understand it's too much to start with for a novice like me).

    However, I will like to suggest you something. While I was going through the recipe, many ingredients (e.g. sauteed, Cayenne etc.) I couldn't understand. Hence my suggestion is if you can add small pictures of the same or carry out a separate section for describing these input along-with an information about where these can be obtained, that will be great.

    Also, you are displaying the picture of the finished product, but wherever possible, if you can add picture of the intermittent process, that will be great and that will be a value addition to your blog.

    Regards

    Ashok@ Vashi

    ReplyDelete
  20. as if those brownies are not sinful enough you through in some Jamie Oliver and garnish it with Bradley Cooper. These brownies should be called Orgasmic decadence. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear shooting star,
    Nice to see you here again...

    Dear Antara,
    Yeah ... I'm happy....

    Dear N,
    Yup... I think he is quite cute...

    Dear M D,
    I'm glad, you enjoy my space...

    DearAnonymous,
    What ...

    Dear Mona,
    So did you try the recipe....

    Dear Sophia,
    Yup ..love Galaxy...

    Dear Prakhar,
    Keep visiting, and thank you so much for your kind words....

    Dear Potporrine,
    So did you try these....

    Dear Sapna,
    Well...what can I say...I'm soooo happy...thank you ...

    Dear Anonymous,
    Ha ha ha damn....

    Dear Sneha,
    Ha ha ha you are too cute, and ya you can rant here, I'm all ears, well what can I say, maybe she did not know me like you do ...so forgive her...

    Dear Shimmershine shine,
    And what did you make...

    Dear Simple Baking,
    Thank you soooo much ...

    Dear Simran,
    I don't know anything about the followers button...I'm not very tech savvy....

    Dear Tumeric and Spice,
    Yup a lot more chocolate...

    Dear Ashoka,
    Will try and incorporate your suggestions, if I can, and thank you ....

    Dear Archie,
    Ha ha ...it's a food blog....

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi Maria !! i saw about ur bog in d newspapaer lastw eek and trust me i was like !! yeyeyeyeye !! maria is finaallly here !! i hv been missisng u like since so long ! i love ur work and i love u like anything ! i jus adore ur perfect smile that can lift up anyones spirit !! pls come back 2 screen big small !! i so missed u ! and m so happie that now i can be wid ur mind while reading ur blog ! its awesome ! personnally l live cooking and now i hv a new reason ! cheers to u !! loe and wishes !! vroooooooooon !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Maria,

    You will make me a total convert it seems! First, I didn't cook, and now I want to (and have even tried the roti rolls) and then, I will probably not stop my kids from having chocolates anymore. I don't particularly like chocolates, but your love for chocolate seems to be contagious, just as your jest for life!!! This post is as chocolate-y as it can get - sweet and addictive and shoots up the spirits instantly. The concoction (and quite literally) that you offer is out of this world. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ashoka@ Vashi, Navi MumbaiMay 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

    Dear Maria

    Thanks for acknowledging. As regards my suggestion, would you mind to visit the following blog

    http://delectable-delicious.blogspot.in/

    No I am not referring the recipes mentioned therein, just have a look at the presentation of the recipe and you will get what I am trying to say.

    Also, please don't feel I am acting smart etc. Just wist your blog to be more user-friendly.

    Another request, if possible, can you acknowledge when you read this message so that I will come to know that this message reached you.

    Regards

    Ashoka @Vashi, Navi Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Arnav,
    You just made my day.....

    Dear Anu,
    So you are cooking ...from my blog...yeah...

    Dear Ashoka,
    thanks for the suggestions, will try and see what i can do ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. you are a beautiful person--only beautiful people can write freely uninterrupted by the cruelness of the world!
    m a fan--here s my little attempt to put my experience out in the cyber world.hope u like it
    http://neelngirlfriends.blogspot.in/2011/11/ps-i-love-italia-italy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Neelambari,
      will read it, when I can ....

      Delete
  27. Hi Maria!

    Following you on twitter...that's how i gotto know about your blog.

    You come across as an extremely spontaneous person...your enthusiasm flows out of your write ups! We share a love for food and cooking...desserts especially!

    You've inspired me to take up a baking course...to perfect what i know baking...Thank you so much..:)

    Love,
    Nandini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nandini,
      Thank you ...
      and all the best for your baking course

      Delete
  28. Hey Maria,

    I need your help/suggestion... Please please pretty please... Do u know anyone good in/around Andheri who takes orders for home-made chocolates

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, so delicious! I just made it for dinner, I am sure I will make it again!
    Prachi Gupta

    ReplyDelete