From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Sunday, May 22, 2011

DAY 51 : C'MON JUGGIE LETS GET HEALTHY








I Love travelling, sometimes feel that I may have been A GYPSY I MY PAST LIFE !!!....


And a new place is always bliss and if its a city that i have been to often then I'm happier than ever because i just fit in like it was yesterday...



Well frankly from the time i got interested in the process of cooking and all it entails...(because before i was only interested in eating), i now love visiting the fresh produce markets and love buying all kinds of ingredients and making something out of it...


At the moment I'm in Frisco, Texas and keep going grocery shopping with my sis...i love it...And am so happy every time i find some thing yummy in the market...



And frankly from the time i have reached her place I have been devouring all her dark chocolate and she has been devouring Hagen-daz coffee flavoured ice-cream and my bro-in law...the cool guy who is magic with kids, food, cleaning and family....well he has been providing me with all the sinful (and according to me necessary evils of life) portions that i promise myself every morning that im not touching ...EVER...



So as Juggie and me were shopping i found "SILKEN TOFU"'...now this to me is just awesome because i simply love tofu... (that reminds me i really need to go to Bangkok on holiday ) and most of the times , what i have picked up back home ...has been anything but silken...


So I told Juggie that ....this is it we are eating healthy and that's that...so picked up ...



Silken Tofu 1 packet
Cherry tomatoes ...that still had the stalks on them..
Orange and Yellow peppers ..
Crispy snow peas..
Asparagus ..that was tall slender and soooo fresh
Broccoli ..that my sis immediately said ...I'm not eating that...
Courgette.....My bro-in-law was like...that's just too many vegetables..
Prawns ...to pacify the meat eating ALBUQUERQUE family
Chicken stock 250 ml
Oyster sauce 3 tbsp
Soy sauce 1 tbsp
Garlic...3 ..thinly sliced
Ginger ...about an inch big..
Salt to taste

I cut the asparagus , broccoli's and courgettes and kept , them aside.....about a small bowl each..

Then power boiled the vegetables for less than a minute separately...except the peppers..and kept them aside.....


In a pan add a table spoon of vegetable oil and warm it slightly , to this add the garlic and saute it a lovely crispy brown,add the stock and bring to a slight boil, add the ginger ...


To this boiling liquid add the soy and a tablespoon of the oyster sauce..let it simmer for 30 seconds ..


Then add the prawns ..shut it for a minute and a half and let it cook..


Then add all your vegetables except the peppers, and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and give it a little stir...close the dish to retain all the aroma....


In another pan add a tea-spoon of butter and a little vegetable oil and very lightly toss the Silken Tofu in it...



Add the tofu to the cooked vegetables and add the peppers now so that it has a lovely crunch...my tofu was so soft that it all broke into bits...



Also you can make this dish with chili oil and add those beautiful birds-eye chilli's if you like it spicy...


You are done...spoon this hot aromatic prawn , tofu and garlic infused vegetables into your bowl and just go for it...you can also have it with just boiled rice or boiled egg noodles...but avoid it if you trying to go for the healthy option ...



It was crunchy and lightly flavoured and was just right , if your looking for something light and healthy and something that does not put you to sleep...


I went shopping post this....PURE BLISS ...



I call this dish of mine, "COME ON JUGGIE LET'S GET HEALTHY"...


So here just for you a lovely aromatic bowl of pure healthy energy, only from "Maria's Kitchen"

No comments:

Post a Comment