From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Friday, September 15, 2017

SHOOTING STAR...

Yesterday was just the kind of day
That was a gift ...
When I reached the beach for my run.
I just met the biggest brightest moon staring down at me..
I was totally awestruck and stood there just for a bit, staring into his face..
It was just so peaceful .
The beach was filled with people who wanted to start with a morning, that had energy in their stride.



So I have been running on and off with my Marathon group for about a month  now.
Mostly off than on.
And Brinsten and his coaches Clement, Sylvester, Dolmen, Anthony, Michael,Noom and Raj Kumar are just awesome and fantastically patient, not to forget totally encouraging.
And its only because of them that we are all able to wake up at the unearthly hour of 5am and head to their destination of choice, for our run.

So while we were doing our interval training..
Suddenly in the middle of huffing and puffing and putting all my strength into it ...
I saw before me a big light of blue, with a tail that just whooshed across the cobalt sky and disappeared...
Oh my God !!!
Did I just see a shooting star❓
I was just so excited..
And wanted to just scream, in delight..
When a co-runner, looked and me and said,'Did you see it ?"
And I said, 'Oh my God , yesssss, thank God , I thought I was just imagining it "
And breathing heavily and running we sped towards our finish line..
For our 2 minute break ..
And in the middle of that, those that had witnessed it talked about it , and the rest who missed it drank water and listened to our chatter...
And then someone said , I hope you made a wish .
And I just thought , to myself,
"No,I did not make a wish "
I was just really ecstatic that I saw a shooting star, and I could think of nothing, but was in wonderment of that brief spectacle ...

No...I thought, I don't want to wish for anything..

This year, I'm going to stop wishing for things to happen and I'm just going to believe in the eternal timing of the universe, knowing fully well, that what has to be mine ,will be..
And I continued my run...
I felt somewhere, like I had lost my innocence, and yet somewhere, felt , why do we always have to want things...
Don't we already have what we need, and so much more , in different ways, over and above it ..
Can't we just be really happy with what we have instead..

So instead of wishing for new people and things and situations in our life, that we may not be able to give our 200% to, or will lose interest in , with time..
Can't we instead just be fantastic to the people, things , pets and situations we are with...
Satisfied..
Satiated..
I think that's the way to be..
Not that I fully am, because I'm just normal ..
Ok let me rephrase that , "Normal sometimes " most times reactive ...
But I want to be content..
Exactly where I am , yup that would be nice..

I'm not saying, we need to not improve our life or our  skill or not work harder to get where we want.
But at the moment can we just be thrilled to be where we are , knowing that this will change..
And with this thought , I drove my tired legs home to a whole day of shoot.



I worked with an incredible bunch of women, and a few guys on the side ha ha ha ...
Running Cow films under Anoushka the director and her band of fiery , fantastic girls.
DOP: Maulshri.
Art: Seher and Lauren.
Line Producer: Sunny.
Food Stylist: Sanil.
DOP Assistant: Arvind.
Art Assistants: Anu and Murti.
Spots: Rajesh and Pappu.
Fashion Stylist: Pranay
Fashion Stylist Assistant: Niyati
Hair and Makeup: Bianca .Louzado



It was a day of total magic.
My friend , co-Channel [V] VJ and now the most fantastic make-up artist, did my make-up and hair for the day, I was not just in good hands, I was in the hands of a beautiful artist, I'm really lucky..
We started shooting and I just did everything Anoushka asked me to do and slept in between shots, cat-naps , many many of them.
At the end of the day at 11.45pm , we finished, it was a great day at work.
And I did not go to the monitor to check how I looked even once,that was such a relief,  I just felt so comfortable that I did not need to.
The thing is this, in any relationship, it does not matter who,what or how ? You just need to trust ..
But if you don't trust , it's a very difficult and stressful place to be .
I don't like watching my back , that's just not the way forward.

And I was working with professionals, who were the best at what they do..
So if they trusted the fact that I'm going to deliver once I stand in front of that camera, then , I needed to trust that they would work to their best ability too.
And frankly at the end of the day, a camera does not really lie, I was going to be exactly the girl I meet in the mirror every morning..
It's just that today , I had my face beautifully done, my hair tousled with precision and clothes picked up with care, so that , it looked randomly put together...
Ha ha ha if I truly believe that I am the girl on that TV screen , then I would need to see a therapist in a few years...
I know who I am and what I can do, and any amount of praise , or lack of it or anyone talking badly about me , does not dull my shine..
Actually it dulls their's..

It was a tiring and a fantastic day .
And everyone worked together and with such positive fabulous energy .
I was satiated and happy, I had put my best into it..
The rest is not upto me...
I cannot spin magic or conjure things out of thin air..
It's now in the hands of the ones I worked with, and I know they will do nothing but the best .

Before I fell off to sleep, I closed my eyes and thought once more of that burst of blue light across that dark sky and was just so happy that I saw my 'First ever shooting star' up-close and so personal..

See, I know this New Year, that I have stepped into, is going to be full of moments, that are going to make my world, filled with all, that is going to make me, be the best ME..
Till then I'm going to trust the universe and allow the waxing and waning of the moon, dictate the many moods in my life..ha ha ha
And I'm stopping to try so hard to make things happen..
I'm just going to continue to be me..
And I know all will be as it should be , not more not less .




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful as ever Maria! A tad early....but here's wishing you and your family a wonderful 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete