From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Sunday, March 22, 2015

SOMETIME AND MORE...

So I sit here post a lovely evening with friends..
Looking at myself in the mirror..

And I see a girl ..
With eyes that are searching just for you ..
She stands here in front of the mirror
That can lie to her no more..
She is in love with you ..
Has been for some time and more ..

But the fact is ..
She may not be sure of love anymore..

Love is a free bird...
With wings that were always meant to soar..

And so I just stare at my face in the mirror once more..

I open a drawer..
And look at that tiny book that talked about love ..
The thing is talking is the easiest thing you can do ..
But can you love me as much as I love you ...
So I go back to the mirror that tells me no lies..
And I look deep into my own brown eyes ..

I have so many questions I want to ask me ..
But I choose just 3

Who are you ?
Why are you still here ?
And why are you holding me a prisoner to your soul ?

I look into my eyes ..
I search for you ..
I want you to tell me everything that you said was true..

But I did not feel you anymore ..
I think you left via the back door ..

So that you did not have to face me anymore ..

I waited..
Is that not what you do ..
When you feel a deep love that you think is true ..

Is all that you said to me ..
Just a bunch of super lines...
Did you just put the phone down and laugh at my naive sighs..

Did you ever feel what I thought was true..
Or was I just Someone that ..
You just really never knew ..

I realise there is no point ..
I don't want any more promises or lies..

All I want is you ..
Looking deep into my eyes...

I want you devouring my lips ..
Like it was strawberry and cream ..
And hold me so close that it felt like there were no seams..

Today I found your book that you gave me with quotes of love ,that felt like lies..
And just hugged myself ..
As I knew this was all right ..

Our love ..
Or rather mine ..
Was probably not meant for me ..
But you made me shine ..
And through the pain you set me free..

You unknowingly gave me wings ..
So I could fly..
You taught me how to just love unconditionally ..
And let love pass through and by..

If there is one thing I learned by loving you ..
It was that I needed to be brave ..

I could love you ..
Not feeling any shame ..

So while I look into the mirror ..
And wash off the kohl sitting in my eyes...
Then wash off the stain of red on my lips ..
I look at myself in the mirror and wonder
What was it you saw?

Was it this girl with the trappings of the world ?
Or the one who reached out to your soul ?
I know you could not have missed the love I felt ?
But if you did ..
Maybe , you were not brave enough to hold me and to love me , and make me melt ..

I don't know where I want to go with you ..
And so I wash my face..
And let my salty tears smear my face..

I just know that when you have a little time alone ..
I know you can feel my soul ..
You can feel me around you ..
You can feel my heart beat sinking with yours..
And your lips waiting for  me to let go ..
I'm under your skin and inside the deepest corner of your soul ..
And it's OK if you want to behave ..
Like it does not matter any more..
You must know that I whisper your name , every night before I sleep and as I awake ..
And in my dreams we are wide awake ..
We talk a lot , more than we think we do ..
You spill your fears and I hold you closer than the strongest glue ..
I look into your eyes and you look into mine ..
And time just stands still
It's all sublime ..

Intoxicated with the knowing of I love you , I do ..
And knowing ..
There is absolutely nowhere to go ..
But through a forest of the darkest hue..

I wash my face ..
I close my eyes ..
I pat out all the trouble I feel inside

Love ..
Is something you will never understand ..

It's not as easy as A-B-C..
But it's as truthful as you would like us to be ..
Do I wait my turn of feeling blue..
Or then look into my mirror of reality ..

I open my little drawer...
I pull out the wool over my eyes..
I splash a little water on my face ..
Till I look like I never ever did cry ..

When I think of you ..
I only wish you well..
I want you to just be happy ..
To have your heart at peace in the place that you dwell..

But sometimes just sometimes, I just want to know ..
Did you ever bother to , just once ..
Look deep into my eyes..
While I sat on a staircase with my best smile ..



Did you even want to know ..
Whether what I feel is my reality or just a dream ..

I'm not going to stop ..
Just because I'm supposed to know what's right..

If love is love ..
It's supposed to be set free..
Then why am I holding on to you,when you could ,just be a dream ..

I hold on , you let go ..
I let go ..
And search for you no more ..
You live in me ..
I am in your smile ..
I stay in your breath before you sleep ,for quite a while ..

I don't need to hold on ..
I can let go ..
Infact ,I can also walk you to the door ..
You may know that I'm not like the rest you ever met ..
You may not want to feel my soul ..
But I'm your most precious time ..
I'm your love ..
Your indulgence ..
Your walk on a path you never had..
And as I finish with my day ..
I go back to those steps we walked so many days..
I sit there with my bravest smile..
And know you and me will be here for hours chatting a mile ..
There are few things in life that you finally understand ..
Us is not one of them ..
It's not a regular story for mankind..

We were always meant to be ..
As different as chalk and cheese..
But a thread of love ..
Bound us close ..
And the rest , you see, is just prose.
.
I'm done with my day ..
I'm going to close my eyes..
But I will still be sitting with you talking always for more than a while..
You hold my face ..
You look into my eyes..
You kiss my lips ..
And I melt into your arms ..

Just wanna say ..

This life of mine started anew the day I met you ..





4 comments:

  1. You have sculpted my thoughts, infact every time I read your blog, I fall in love with your writing. I can read your blogs over and over again and never get bored.Perhaps, I can totally relate to most of them. It is as if, you know what is going on in my mind and you pen it down :D I am terrible at expressing myself,however, your blogs give voice to my thoughts,something which is stuck in between my heart and head is set free.
    Thank You for such beautiful expressions.Stay Blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written... Exactly how i feel!!

    ReplyDelete