From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Thursday, January 10, 2013

BREATHE...

I'm happy yet sad..
I know all may not be good..but it's not completely bad ..
I worry ..
I fear...
I wonder about tomorrow...
About all whom I love..
All the ones I hold dear..

We live a day at a time..
Breathe in, breathe out..
Look at the clock..
Hear it's chime..

My heart sometimes beats so fast and so loud..
It disperses the rain in the clouds..

What am I here for..
Which is my path...
How do I know which way to go...
My heart is wrenching apart..

I look around ..
I feel lost in the crowd..

And then I close my eyes ..
I walk back in..
Deep inside my soul..
Further deep within..
I look at the little light that is burning so bright..
I throw away my cape of fear..
That sometimes engulfs me so tight..

I breathe ..
All will be right ..

I feel hot tears streaming down my face ..
And can see, with eyes closed..
Little smiles and running feet ..
Carefree and full of life...

I look up to the sky ..
And know ..
Where I have to be...

I'm the caretaker of little hearts and feet that run wild and free..
Of little smiles ..
And arms open wide..
Of hysterical laughter ..
And immense madness too..
Of tantrums and tears , and small fingers pointing at you ...

I'm blessed I feel in more ways than I could ever know..
With my heart full of love ..and my eyes always aglow..
To have and to hold..
Hearts I will always love..
In this world and that..
There is no real concept of time..

The more I sit still...
The calmer my heart feels....
It shows me life , that is upto me to believe..
It gives me choices..
It shows me path's..
It lets me live with an open heart..

I see all the ones..
I have met in time..
The ones I smiled at..
The ones I knew..
The ones who went away..
The ones I outgrew..

And then there is you..

Smiling ..
Like all my secrets you know..
What I tell you and what I will never say..
My big broad smile, or my silence on some days..
You ...I can't fool...
You just have a way ...

You can read me like an open book..
Look deep into my eyes ..
And my heart is just hooked..

You hold out your hand..
And I can already feel the warmth of your palm..
You don't even have to say anything..
Will walk with you till dawn..

Some hearts were meant to meet like yours and mine..

To feel love , is a privilege I say..
To feel someone's soul..
To touch in deep..
Is something that will always stay , whether or not you want to keep it that way..

So if you have felt, what I'm talking about...
You know never count it in months or years, or give it a name..

Love is not a feeling ..
It's a spark that lives within..
Within your soul..
Your core..
That shines through..
If you let it breathe..
Let it be ..
Let it engulf you..

And so I smile..
Knowing fully well..
That you ..
Whether you like it or not..
Your heart is mine...

And so I sleep ..
With a heart full of smiles..
I close my eyes..
And kiss you tight..

I have just this one life..
And so I'm going to love with all my might..
That's the only way..

Am I not right?






8 comments:

  1. Dear Maria,

    Today your thoughts are what excatly i'm feeling and facing in my life..........bit confused, bit concerned but then you said.......I sleep with heart full of smiles...i also look forward to that sleep.........Keep posting your encouraging thoughts. On this New Year may GOD bless you and your family with lots of Happiness and Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maria,

    Today your thoughts are what excatly i'm feeling and facing in my life..........bit confused, bit concerned but then you said.......I sleep with heart full of smiles...i also look forward to that sleep.........Keep posting your encouraging thoughts. On this New Year may GOD bless you and your family with lots of Happiness and Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yessssssssssssssssssss maria

    You heard all the voices and posted a new blog. Thank god. There is this one life to live and we shall live it with all the love compassion and passion that we can gather from the core of our heart. We will live it laughing and giggling and hopefully that should brighten our lives like in the movie monsters Inc where the laughter of the kids ultimately started powering monster town. Thanks to this virtual world that we love in, we shall also spend it making these virtual friends who instantly brighten up your day with their words or in a red velvet way. We will learn from our kids and also impart alot of gyan to them. We will learn tosppreciate those little moments.... the afterschool chats with the bacchas, the silly songs that we make with them as we drive to various playdates, birthdays etc. This little light of mine.I am gonna let it shine...

    PS: The trailer of Jolly LLB....... OMG. I shared it instantly on FB and saw it a dozen times already.whataman urman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sneha,
      Happy New Year..
      To the entire gang....
      Love to read your stuff...
      Stay happy ...

      Delete
  4. Hi Maria

    This is the first thing I read in the morning and got answers to the darkness within me..thank you..too late but still belated happy birthday

    ReplyDelete