From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Friday, November 23, 2012

NOTHING LOST , NOTHING GAINED...

It's days like today ..
That you walk through my mind ..
You stop ..
To smile..
You hold out your hand ..

And in those nano seconds ..
Where I'm pondering if you are real ..
I see me standing again all alone..

Alone we came into this world,
And alone we will go ,
I know the drill ,
I need no one to tell me so ..

But the time I spend upon this earth ,
I don't want it measured by seconds or by years..
I want it to be weighed with the life I loved ..
With the ones I held..
With every breath that was mine ..

And so again I hold out my hand ..
Are you going to hold it ..
Or step back and smile ..
And pretend I do not exist ..
And still, all will be fine ..

I have but this one life ..
And I want it lived ..
With mistakes and moments .,
That will have my name etched..
Tattooed on my soul ..
Forever more..
It does not really matter ..
If this moment we spent ..
Knowing it may not last at all ..
But knowing you were with me for this moment ..
Is actually blissful and divine ..
Sometimes I want all ...
Sometimes just a second in time ..

Maybe it's too much to ask for ...
Maybe I'm just all consumed ..
Maybe ..

There is just me ..
And nothing else in this moment in time ..
So should I just stop ..
And let this pass ..
Pretend ..
We do not exist ..
Except in a spark ..
That lasts for nothing more ..
Than a flicker in the dark ..

I give up ..
My tears are spent ..
My love I leave for you ..
Till the worlds end ..

It's lying on a boat ..
Some where mid -sea ..
But if you are frightened of the waves ..
Just let it be ..

I'm just going to walk back ..
Walk to the place I know ..
Sit among my flowers and the weather that's growing a bit cold ..

This love I have ..
Is flowing no matter what ..
It's part of me ..
And that's how it will be ..

I guess , you will never understand ..
How it feels to hold my hand ..
To look into my eyes ..
And escape this world ..
To gaze deep inside my soul ..
To hold me close, closer than my skin...

Yes, I may be just a wee bit too much ..
Too overwhelming ..
To touch ..
To much to behold , if you can speak to my soul ..

It's better this way ..

Nothing lost nothing gained ..

So pray tell me , 
What do I do ..
With all of this ..
That I want to give you ..

I'm going to cast it out into the sparkling sky ..
And hold my pillow ..
Bury my head ..
And just ..

It's funny ..
That love can make me feel sooo ..

So I'm going to walk down paths ..
That we walked ..
And talk ..
And never stop making plans , that never materialise ..
I'm just going to walk ..
And walk some more ..
And if you miss me ..

Well all you have to do , 
Is....
Come walk with me ...!

14 comments:

  1. Our minds entwined !! U speak my soul !! Reminds me of our reiki days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying with your thoughts Maria
    What is it that you leave behind and also take with you???.....Your footprints. And you should be glad that your footprints that you leave behind are very inspirational and benefit a lot of people. OH BTW your scarf to bante bante ban raha hain. coincidence or what i don't know but you will look like a lioness wearing it cause it is the colour of a lion's mane(That is what it looked like to me). She had her 6th and most uneventful chemo yest. so went to meet her and there she was knitting away. Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My prayers and blessings to her, she is one awesome woman ...
      And as for my scarf , I will wear it as soon as I get it...
      Very very kind of her to knit for me, and very wonderful of you to ask her to ...

      Delete
  3. Hi Maria,

    Such beautifully penned lines these:

    "I have but this one life ..
    And I want it lived ..
    With mistakes and moments .,
    That will have my name etched..
    Tattooed on my soul ..
    Forever more..
    It does not really matter ..
    If this moment we spent ..
    Knowing it may not last at all ..
    But knowing you were with me for this moment ..
    Is actually blissful and divine ..
    Sometimes I want all ...
    Sometimes just a second in time .."

    And these:
    "This love I have ..
    Is flowing no matter what ..
    It's part of me ..
    And that's how it will be .."

    To be able to live moment by moment and experience love in all its intensity without being selfish and full of any expectations is a life well lived! :-)

    Warm regards,
    muZer

    PS: I will now try to read your posts well in time and not miss them so as to have a blogathon. Not that I complain about that either! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria!

    Every time I feel like there is something missing in my life I just come to your blog and read your latest post and without fail I feel more at peace with myself after I have read through :)
    Your writing rejuvenates my soul and I find myself thinking that the best in life is yet to come so why worry?

    Thanks for sharing a part of you with all of us!
    May you find all the happiness in life that you are looking for! :)

    Lot of Love
    Payal :)

    P.S. I am looking forward to the amazing recipes from Maria's kitchen..Its been too long..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Payal,
      Thank you so much for your kind words ...

      Delete
  5. soo beautiful!! love these lines
    "But the time I spend upon this earth ,
    I don't want it measured by seconds or by years..
    I want it to be weighed with the life I loved ."

    ReplyDelete