From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Monday, November 19, 2012

LITTLE FOOTSTEPS...

Sometimes I look back,
To a time when my footsteps were smaller,
And when I ran with real freedom in my soul,
I never ever thought much of it,
It was so free.....

All I thought about was exam papers the next day...
Or the pleats on my uniform so grey..
I prayed that it would rain...
So that I could make paper boats and watch them run away...
Catching raindrops as they sped...
Where they went I never knew..
And neither did I care..
I just made boats in spare..
On some I wrote letters..
On some I drew..
I did not know much ..
But I knew I just loved the rain ..

Sometimes I see that little girl in me ..
The one who ran with paper boats ..
Free..
Happy..
Innocent ..
And full of dreams ..

I meet her now and then ..
And she still has that big broad smile ..
Ever trusting...
Ever open ..

Sometimes we just smile ..
Sometimes we talk..
Sometimes I ask her, if this is what she thought life is all about..

She looked at me today ...
And ran around like she does..
And then just stopped..
And gave me the tightest hug ..

You are fine she said
You have love and forgiveness in your heart , and that's the best ..

You love like no other can ..
Get mad because that's you..
Are sometimes over cautious
And sometimes so carefree.
So trusting sometimes
And sometimes as quiet as the deep sea ..

But stay who you are..
Because that's the only way ..
You will protect me ..

Tears well up ..
When I sometimes look into my eyes..
That I quickly dry ..
And put on my smile ..

I'm going to stay happy ..
I'm going to stay blessed..
Because as I sleep at night ..

I know I have a little angel with shiny wings ..
Who sits right near my bed ..


Juggie and me....


THIS IS FOR MY SISTER AND ME...
JUGGIE I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ....

24 comments:

  1. Aaah...this is oh so touching...n so close to the person I was n still am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you tooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Now get your butt to the US. :) Mwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Thanks :) ....... now if I can stop weeping....I can get back to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was sooooo beautiful...loved it!<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria....every blog of urs makes me feel warm...makes me know u much better & brings me closer to u..i feel so proud of knowing u mre as human being than as a Actor...every sentence of urs & i mean evry sentence of urs touches my heart & makes me want to love evry moment of my life & love evryone around me & to make sure i tell my loved ones how imp they r to me & how i must confess my love to them & make them happy...thanks a lot Maria waiting to read ur next blog...love u maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh ...
      That's a lot ...
      Thank you ...

      Delete
  5. Love your paper boats .Wish i can own them one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the words... it just brought back memories of u hon... coming down for christmas... we have to meet

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwwwwww.......ur luking chooo cuteee.....:*** <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wet eyes...i guess every woman wants to preserve her rain loving child like self..n growing up takes tat away...unless u continue to feel blessed...thnks fr putting wrds to my feelings too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww its so sweet. those childhood days are the best and if we can keep the child alive in us that is the bestest thing. i can so very much relate to your poem. so beautifully written:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi maria, ur every blog is filled with great emotions . but this blog has resembled a part of my life. evn i hve elder sister , my onli sibling. i love her a lot and she cares for alot. Really , siblings love are the best part of ones childhood days.... luv frm katlyn...

    ReplyDelete
  12. how many siblings u hve????
    frm katlyn...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merrry xmas too you have a nice xmas have fun baking and cooking

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was really nice. I dont read too many poems..kinda lose patience in the middle..but i did read this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is beatiful! I did not know you write as well. That makes me likd your blog even more :) I write too. Loved every line of this poem and I like your style of poetry...

    smiles,
    Nans

    ReplyDelete