From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Sunday, September 16, 2012

HOME...

There is a world out there I never knew ..
That's painted in purple and yellow and all it's hues ..
That I just came across ..
Because I pushed open a door ..
That was never there before ..
But appeared in front of me out of the blue ..

This place was filled with people that had smiles, you could not fathom....
And pathways that led to destinies unknown ..

But once you were in there ..
You were no longer bothered by the chill in the cold night air
Or what tomorrow may bring ..

So I sauntered and strolled
And walked along a path that led to the sea..
When suddenly I met a pair of eyes that were smiling straight into me ..
Warm, trusting , true and naughty as can be ..
We exchanged no words ..
But it was in the air, "follow me"..
So I did ..
And suddenly another door appeared ..
Should I walk through with these eyes that looked so true ..
Or just pass this by and later wonder why ..
He held out his hand ..
That when I touched was warm ..
And held me in a grasp that was so strong ..
It felt too familiar ..
Like I have been here before ..

And before I knew what was happening
We had opened the door ..

Twilight greeted us with it's golden glow ..
We walked in and saw that there was golden sand at our feet ..
Dressed in robes as soft as wings ..
We walked in silence ..
Did not need to say a thing ..
I could just feel his heart beat in time with mine ..
And when I looked up into his eyes..
Just expected the unexpected all the time ..

Did I know this soul in another life time ..
Who made me feel so calm , so beautiful and so at peace ..
I searched inside his soul ..
And he just smiled ..
I wanted to say something ..
But I guess I was tongue tied ..
I held him tight
As the wind suddenly blew with all it's might ..
He looked straight into my eyes and pushed my hair away from my face ..
Held out his hand ..
And we ran towards another door, at a crazy pace ..
Pushed it open
Without wondering without a care
And we're greeted with a winding stair ..
We ran up ...
Like kids would do ..
In wonderment of what it would open to ...

I think it ran for many miles ..
But we were not tired ..
Just full of smiles ..
We reached the top
And just before we reached the unknown ..

His hands ...
Stopped me ...
And held me close....
Looked deep into my  eyes and straight into my soul
And kissed me deeply ..

This felt like home ..

14 comments:

  1. I HAVE NO WORDS!! Just want to thank you for expressing these feelings and emotions, as I know what it feels like to come home :) heres to those big brown eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear N,
      Thank you ..
      Thank you ..
      I sometimes do not know what else to say ...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Every time I read ur blog I fell in love wid love, beautifullllllll poetry :)

      Delete
  3. wow!! Lovely wordings and expressions. I don't know what else to say?? You are so good in expressing...simple yet beautiful.
    All I can say ,Thanks for sharing!!
    Glad I stumbled across your blog few months back....

    Thanks Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply love the way you express yourself....... Such a treat to soul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i read a book recently of how 'he' transforms into 'home'. it took the book a 1000pages while u sum it up in just a page.
    lovely!

    ReplyDelete