From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Saturday, May 26, 2012

SOUL SURFER ....

Sometimes, I feel I'm an adult and should by now know all the rules and games of life...
But know none ...
But most often think ..
I know it all...
And with that stupid confidence ..
I walk into life and love with all I am ..
Trusting and smiling ...
And then I fall ..

Then my head smiles at my heart in all smugness and says , "I told you so "
Oh my God haven't I just heard these words before ..

Sometimes I feel Karma plays games with my heart ..
He smiles at me and then hides ..
Leaving me bewildered and red eyed ..

Oh go away and come back no more ..
I'm not made of stone you know...
I am all heart and soul, and live life with a smile...

And every time my heart gets a knock out..
I promise you ..
It does hurt for quite a while...
and more....

My friend Sandy says," being brave and bravado are very different"

Yup being brave is to to look love in his brown eyes and love till it engulfs you ..and if it hurts , then I guess it's better to hurt than feel nothing at all ..
Sweet pain ..

And bravado .. Is that stupid smile pasted to hide what's going on ...
Is that not completely insane ...

I'm still searching ...
For what I do not yet know ..
Guess that's why I'm willing to walk up a mountain ..
And through a valley ..
Swim in the deep blue sea..
And take a chance on me ..

And somewhere while traversing realized ..
You can love whoever you feel like ..without expecting..
Now is that right ... I really don't know ...
What I think , I know, is that...
Love cannot live alone...
Or it may die in time, like fire in the rain..

The essence of us all is love ..
That's our very core.
Who told me this..
Well ... I can't remember anymore...

But this feeling came to me one sun shinning day and has stayed ..
I cannot stop how I feel ..
And I cannot feel less than I do ..

And yet I have realized ..
That this love "Thingy" is the most complicated feeling of what really is such a basic emotion ..
It's all about timing I feel ..
Maybe I should have been born in a different time and space..

But I am encapsulated in a moment that brought so much joy..
Turned me upside-down and inside-out..
And has filled my heart with so much love , that somewhere it's got me a weird sense of calm in the middle of my storm ..

Walk slowly dear heart..
Don't run ...
Stay for a while in the sun...
Look at the trees ...
Smell the flowers ...
Chase butterflies , till you are tired and done ...

And when the day ends..
I'm gonna lay down near the waters end ...
And spend time with the one I love..
In spirit , in soul, in heart and mind ..

Because when I think of you ...
I break into a smile...
Cause I love you, yes I do, forever and a mile...

P.S.Just finished reading,"Palace of illusions, and fell in love with Karna..
     This beautiful intoxicating tale of love and power is a must read..
     And when Draupadi  reaches for Karna's hand in the "Other World"...
     I burst into tears , like torrential rain......
A Love-Story waiting to happen..
    This one line...made the tears flow to a happy place.."dissolving again like fire-flies in a summer evening"
    So this is my ode to , "Draupadi and Karna"...and their love-story waiting to happen...

    And a song I completely love  !

16 comments:

  1. hiii maria .. wud definitely read the book ... it ws nice readin the blog ... felt really gud :)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Maria. The traveller, gypsy, thinker, searcher of things unknown. It's good to go in search of something. What? that i also don't know. Cause sometimes the journey becomes the fun part of the search. We meet intresting people, see inrtresting places and life goes on. The boy that i met 22 yrs ago turns 40 today. loved him the moment i set eyes on him. So Yes Love is theessence and core of it all. BTW, had the most delicious raw birthday cake yesterday. A friend made the base with all kinds of nuts and some mango pulp and dates to bind it. topped it with fresh raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. Was absolutely delicious. Did have the sugary normal cake (As the kids say) for them though. Have to read the Palace of Illusions. It used to give me a kickto go to the library and pick up all these books authors of indian origin and Divakaruni is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria my dear,you're truly blessed with the gift of the gab!
    And I love what your friend told u-"being brave and bravado are very different..." Oh-yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliantly penned ....) I love your new pics .. so very you ...and .. What you are looking for .. Is what is looking... repeat slowly again ha ha ha ... enjoyed reading thx M..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Antara,
    Thank you ...

    Dear Sneha,
    Please do send me the recipe and happy 40th to that "boy" who lights up your eyes....

    Dear Martina,
    Don't think I have the gift of the bab, as most of the time I'm putting my foot into my mouth....


    Dear Anonymous,
    Do I know you, you sound like some one "I used to know"...
    Thanks for reading ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful post Maria. I read the Palace of Illusions just a few weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with it! Have u read Chitra Banerjee Diwakaruni's other books? My personal favorites are Mistress Of Spices and Sister of My Heart. I'm sure you will enjoy these two book too :)
    And hey, cheers to being brave and keeping up the bravado. I think we need both in equal measures to go thru life...

    ReplyDelete
  7. heyy Mariaa..hw av u been?..u really unfold life & love in such a beautiful manner...complicated yet easy t untangle..every time i read ur blog it fills my being n makes me alive..i have started going out alone and enjoy just being wid me n em madly in love wid love..haha..em still reading d story dat u av put up..congratulations fr d first story(em guessing so)...u take care missy n keep spreading love as alwaysss........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Aashi,
      Hmmm...Well, we have just one life..
      So make the most of your life...

      Delete
  8. Lovely post...love really is a complicated thing..who we fall in love with is not in our hands...and sometimes it also leads to heartbreaks and pain...but its still the most beautiful feeling ever..and we continue to learn for as long as we live..no matter how old we get...:)

    P.S. I love this songgg hehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ifrah,
      Exactly....
      So dont stop ,loving ...

      Delete
  9. I fell in love with Krishna after reading the same book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Smita,
      I have always loved Krishna....

      Delete
  10. Hi Maria,
    I read Palace of Illusions few weeks back.. I agree Draupadi & Karna's Love Story is Truly magical & Pure...Platonic Love !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Serendipity,
      I just love the word " Serendipity"...
      And happy you read the book ....

      Delete