From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Thursday, March 8, 2012

SMUDGES....


And at the end..
Smudges on paper that's all that's left of everything ..
Can't read the words anymore because they are smudged..
I am not anymore who I was..
But to me you will always be the one that changed me ..
Distance does not really matter...
In the vast ocean of happiness that I have felt ..
Photographs over time ..
Times in different places ..
Still makes a pretty picture..
Smiles in different places..
Don't we know each other ..
Or so well , that we don't know each other at all ...
Familiar words...
Familiar smiles..
Familiar hysterical laughs..
Familiar sulks..
Waves on an ocean shore..
Pick yours ..
If you can ...
I'm just going to stand at the edge of the water ...
And let each wave touch me ..
And with each nudge of His watery embrace..
I inch away from the vastness of the ocean ..
And sit down on the sandy shore..
Lie down and stare at the setting sun ..
And understand that he has to go and give way to the brilliance of the moon ..
Yes nothing lasts forever ..
Not the warmth of the sun nor the magic of the moon ..
Smudges on paper..
Unreadable words
Smiling eyes in the album of my heart ..
Yes and when I sleep at night..
I look into my eyes and search ..
For that smile that lights up my eyes..
That will always have your name on it..
Tattooed for life ..

5 comments:

  1. Distance does not really matter...
    In the vast ocean of happiness that I have felt ..
    Photographs over time ..
    Times in different places .. are my favorite lines...

    You write so amazingly well...Beautiful as usual...

    God Bless

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful lines, beautiful message !

    You know what... Maria, instead of doing critcal reflection of my social work practice, I am enjoying your beautiful poetry ;)
    My assignment is due this weekend but can't resist of visiting your blog!
    May the smile that lights up our eyes....be always there..
    always big, always beautiful and always true to itself :)

    Raman, Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sophia,
    Gosh ....Thanks a ton...
    Thanks again...

    Dear Raman,
    STOP reading my blog...and get back to your 'critical reflection of your social work practice"...ha ha ha ...
    and yeah ...see you later...
    Thanks again..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hearty,
    Maevellous, enchanting, poetic Creation.

    God Bless

    Dinesh

    ReplyDelete