From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Saturday, March 3, 2012

MOON-STRUCK...




And as the day draws to an end ..
I sit by my window and look out at the moon...
Who smiles at me from above..

Wonder what she thinks as she sees so many sleepy heads..
Yawning in their beds..
I just wanna know, can she read what's in my heart...
Is that why she smiles as much as she does...

I don't like when she goes away..
Well but then, have never really been good with good-byes..
I always have tears pushing through my eyes...
And emotions I may not be able to hide...
But my words ,mostly come out..
With lots of joy, like , I'm fine and oh this is not the end...
Just the beginning of a bit of time , till we meet again...

And so, I sit looking at the moon...
And know I'm not the only one she is smiling down at...
I know there must be someone out there, staring at her too...

I have sat many moons ago in another land..
Staring at her and having conversations, that I adored...
Laughed softly so as not to disturb the sleepy stars..
As I heard the rain falling in another part of the world...
And my name being said like it was the sweetest word..

It feels like another lifetime...
So much changes in time...
So much I have said...
Need to just give my heart a rest...

So now , I just look at the moon ..
And tell her all my heart holds...
And know she glows warmly , with all the love , that I have just let flow...

And when I have opened my heart..
Till I'm completely spent...
I shut my eyes..
And give in to the night...
And dream ...
About everything and all...

And then the next day..
I wake up smiling at the sun...
And know..that in my heart , I have won....
Because in my heart, I know , it's better to hurt than feel nothing at all...

4 comments:

  1. Mari Maria,

    It is not better to hurt. It is better to hurt the hurter times 100. (Chodna mat). But then you sound like a kind hearted person, poetry and all. As i have said before on a sober note(Sober not), I love that in all your poems, subah zaroor hoti hain. You make me look forward to the next day. Ciao. Have a fab weekend. In my part of the world spring is in the air (Almost). And for the past two days i am bouncing off like a spring somebody needs to take the spring out of me. Even I am tired of my bubbly self, let me go find that bottle of Vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sneha,
    ha ha ha ,I really love reading your comments...
    You always make me laugh...
    Hope you have a fantastic week ahead...

    ReplyDelete