From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

LOVE LETTERS IN THE SKY...





And so I thought of writing a love letter today ..
And thought of you ..
And all that you would say ...
I wanted to tell you all that's happening in my life ...
What's been good ,what's been OK ..
Whether my heart beats a thousand times or whether it's like a placid lake......
So calm and still..
That when I look into it I can see the sparkle in my eyes and also the grin on your face ..
I run my fingers through your hair and over your beautiful face and hold your smile in the warmth of my hands..
Then close my eyes....
And return to my love letter in the sand...

Not written a love letter in a long time ..
Not received any either ..
Maybe this world bound by the most savvy connective technology..
Is growing further apart than closer ...

So is it just me ..
Or are there more like me...
That live in this world and yet sit on a blue moon..
Play with the stars and listen to the strumming of a guitar , somewhere far off in the universe, leaving aside ,its troubled gloom....

I may sometimes make no sense, of how I feel and what I say ..
But I still look at your kind eyes and listen to your voice that echoes in my heart everyday ...
What are we..
Who were we..
Where are we now..
Do we stroll among daisies together..
Whisper to the wind..
Roll in the grass laughing..
Stare at the moon beams..
Chase rainbows and laugh in the falling snow...
Sit in the rain and run through autumn leaves....
Swim through salty shores and lay down in the sand, entwined with ease...
Drink wine and break into peals of gurgling laughter till happy tears roll down our cheeks..

Questions ????
Answers that I may never find !!!!!
So I have stopped looking and decided to be me...

So I start,
With a ,
Dear .......,
Hi ...
And then go on about what's happening in my life..

I don't expect a letter back ..
The less you expect , the happier you will be,
But it always does feels so blissful ,when you feel the warmth of a loving hug given with abandon and so eagerly...

Yup... I don't write love letters anymore..
Just this one time ..
Maybe...
But I know I need to do this more..

We all need to write a love letter sometimes ..
Even if we don't have the address of the one we writing to ..
Because they may have left the place where you last met ...
But sometimes it really does not matter ..
I think when your heart reaches out ..
The waves beam as brightly as the Northern lights ...
A breath taking sight, one can ever behold ..

And only because ...
I thought of you ..
With all the love that I hold ...

I am sending to you ..
My love letter flying away into the everywhere ....
Each corner of the universe...
Mountains, valleys, rivers , seas, meadows, plateaus and highest peaks ..
Encapsulated in time ..
Entwined with smiles, laughter, giggles , kisses and hugs ..
Soft tender gazes, silent moments and my love...

Am I crazy...
Am I mad..
Do I live in a wonderland of my own ..
Maybe ..
Or maybe not ..
Or then I just may be , all of the above ..

To me this is my reality...
Whether anyone likes it or not ..
So while my letter has set out over the deep blue seas and inviting skies..
I will sit by my window , sip my green 'chai'.....

Rewrite my book of life...
And paint my canvas in the fieriest of oranges and the most beautiful azure blues....
With love,
From ME..
To YOU...


14 comments:

  1. Aww it is wonderful Mariah...i can connect to all that written by you ...really miss all those wonderful days when people use to really go out of their way to express there love...
    agree wid the tech part..today we may find n no greetings online ...but surely miss those cute lil card which one use to personally go and roam around in greeting shop to find that perfect one for u with sweet lil thought written in colorful pens they meant so much more...today there are very few people who enjoy these simple pleasures of life...but fortunate are those who still believe in Woderlands which do exists somewhere out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nidhi ,
    Thank you so much ..
    Yes I like simple things ..
    And yes will write love letters that I may never send ..
    But will write them all the same ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Deasrest Maria,

    Write your letters and paint your pictures, cause they do get noticed, read and loved. Iagree that being tech savvy has made us a bit cold where we love our virtual universe more but then it also makesme read your blogs on the other side of the world and boy oh boy what a difference it makes. ON a cold windy grey day to read your colourful and bright blogs. SO yes you are MAD and You are a bit off your bonkers and you do live in your own wonderland. But what's so special about the real world anywaysss? AND if you do wnat to write a love letter write those little ones with the XOXOs andsend them off in the snackboxes to the best people in the world. They r the ones to surely come back with the best replies. A SUPER DUPER LA LA BLOOPER Chaddi BLooper kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sneha,
    ha ha ha those little hands write me love notes everyday, that comprise of no language but hearts and stars...
    And frankly love does not need a language, but needs to be expressed whichever way you can..
    so i'm a happy bunny...
    And thanks, I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Maria,

    Love your posts,this one is something I can relate to.Loved reading every bit of it.Came across your blog through your twitter account and reading your blog just brings a smile on my face.
    Thanks alot!!!

    Much love,
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maria!

    Your love letter has brought d widest grin on my face and I feel like you just took my thoughts and put them into beautiful words. Love reading your blog..it always makes me smile :)

    Love
    Payal

    ReplyDelete
  7. DEAR Pia,
    love it when my random thoughts of the moment make sense to someone...
    I'm happy...Thank you...

    Dear Payal,
    Yeah...Yeah..Yeah... Thank you ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for being mad for then we wouldnt have been reading your blog na Maria! so yea cheers to being Mad,elusive,funny,childlike and forever shinning and sreaming bright as the sun...much love and prayers!
    z!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More the people trying to cope with racing life...lesser they have time to remember to openly express their love n feeling s to their loved ones....just a hug, just a touch, just a peck or just holding hand for no reason brightens the love and conveys more than what we can express with words........love is in everybody s heart but all dont have time to express.SO yes we need to write love letters or love messages more often...

    ReplyDelete
  10. DearZ,
    Thaaank Yoouuu.....

    Dear Sarita,
    I so completely agree with you...
    I did...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are not alone...I feel the same way...our lives have become so busy and life's such a rat race that people forget to take the time out to tell others that they love them..or show that they care...or just drop by a simple hello and check up to see how others are doing...stop by and feel the beauty of this world...but I feel..no matter how busy some one is...when they wanna express and be with some one...nothing can hold them back...its all about making an effort! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so much can relate to the beautiful thoughts shared above..there are indeed more like u maria,one is writing u here :),love visiting your blog each time.it feels like a wonderful place to be...god bless n keep writting.much love ♡

    ReplyDelete