From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I LOVE YOU ...



I love you ...
I really do...
If you ask me why ..
It's because "you are you"..

There is no theory or some fancy love story ...
It's just that from the time we first met ...
I don't know it was probably ,something you did or said ..

Or then it's just me ..

They say , "when some one loves you , they say your name differently"..
They handle it with care..
Like a fairy carrying dew drops ..
Or like twirling with a gossamer dress ...
Or flying in the air..

It's a beautiful feeling ...
This indescribable feeling called "love"...
And so it's gonna just stay in my smile and sparkle in my brown eyes ..
And if you ever wanna feel like I do ...
Look into the mirror ...
At the curve of your lips .. I'm sitting there in the warmest corner..
With my hands on my hips ..
And have the biggest smile ...
And am dancing like a fiend ..
To songs that are going to play in my heart to the very end ..

And yes I'm calling your name ...
Like no one ever has ...
Like the way only I say it ..
With a smile on my lips

Yup that's how it is ...
And that's how I'm gonna stay ..
Smiling ,laughing and dancing ...
Picking daisies and running ...
Blowing kisses ...
And then just standing still ..so you get a chance to look deep into my brown eyes and see ...
That the big grin on my face is actually you and me...

So I'm just gonna stay loving ..
That's the only way I can be....

19 comments:

  1. ok u r tempting me to go ahead and ask that stranger i have been admiring to maybe give it a chance. but what is that feeling stopping me from doing it? is it something that knows what the answer is going to be and thus is afraid to see the tears that will follow. maybe its stopping me so that i can always be in this phase...the phase of just day-dreaming and admiring...coz thats a good phase. its not like the other side, the real side, which is gonna make me sad and have a lump in my throat everytime for a long long time.
    help! should i take the leap and break my heart or should i stay in the happy world where i can imagine u loving me forever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did propose to the guy. was not february 29, but what the batata vada, when you love someone...... don't wait or you will be late. loved what you wrote. satya vachan all that you think. SO keep on thinking and pondering and writing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, your posts always make my heart smile :) - Jamila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you too ) what's anonymous gotta do with it ....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sangeeta,
    Thank you....

    Dear Simmi,
    Yup, take that leap, say what's in your heart...
    think its always better to say what you feel that to just live with a "What if"

    Dear Kundan ,
    Thank you soo much ...

    Dear DB,
    Thank you ...

    Dear Sneha,
    ha ha ha what the batata vada,,,ha ha ha ...
    you just keep on living ...

    Dear Jamila,
    Really, Well I'm glad i can make you smile...

    Dear Anonymous,
    I do not understand you ...at all....
    But thank you for the love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - as always :-)
    I miss having that feeling in the diary of my life...
    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mayali.
    Well maybe, then after you write a few pages...

    Dear Manisha,
    Thank you so much....

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my god..im totally in loooooooooooove with ur writing...

    much love n Hugs for u..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Shahnaz,
    Thank a ton ya.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks is pouring out of your words. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tht's so nice...u really rock...hv been really low for d past couple of days my frnd shared ur blog's n m so glad i visited...m really gonna live n b happy n make other's happy..god bless u n ur family maria..thnk u..
    p.s...ur cakes luk n sound yummmmm..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tht's so nice...u really rock...hv been really low for d past couple of days my frnd shared ur blog's n m so glad i visited...m really gonna live n b happy n make other's happy..god bless u n ur family maria..thnk u..
    p.s...ur cakes luk n sound yummmmm..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful.. Last two lines are sooooooo good..
    I love you because "you are you"... Loved this line a lot..
    You are one die hard romantic person.. Arshad is sooo lucky.. :) how is Arshad? Is he also romantic like you?

    If possible, please read this poem I wrote.. It is about what yo feel when your love comes to you and tells you the 3 magical words for the first time.. http://smilingpritz.blogspot.in/2012/05/moment-you-told-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVELY! :) Absolutely loved it Maria... so sweet and simple. Beautiful poem :)

    ReplyDelete