From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

UNFINISHED....







I was always told that love is like a butterfly..
Set it free..
If it comes back..
It's yours ..
And if it does'nt , it never was ...
But if this was really love, would it go away in the first place ..

All I know today ,is that life is wonderful..
Live in the present, capture the moment ...
Grab life with both hands and fill your cup with love till it's over flowing ...

And what do you do to the butterflies that fly away..
Do you fly after them ...
Do you call out or then just let go...
It's difficult to let part of your heart fly away , because it then hurts you so ..
Do you feel that probably in another space or time ...
the piece will fit back and all will be fine ...

Maybe butterflies are so beautiful and that's why , they come into your life for such a short span of time ...
Fill you with love, laughter, emotions the colour of the rainbow and music that will stay in your heart..
And then they just depart...
And all you have is what you have left in your heart...
A string of beautiful moments entwined ...
Of chatter and stories...and conversations had...
Of plans to travel beyond the rainbow ...
An unconscious mind strung together with feelings all jumbled together...
Does it make sense ...
Does life have to really be rational ....
Because who has seen what tomorrow brings..

I have not...
Have you ?
I think that our life is made up of unrelated, relate-able nano seconds of moments entwined..
Some times we meet the ones we meet , or then say hi..
Or then sometimes, walk by un-noticed ..
Some we meet and they stay for a while or then a life-time..
Some we meet at various points in life repeatedly ..
Have you ever stopped and wondered why???

Well in my head , I have a huge jig-saw puzzle spread..
In the most beautiful colors strewn..
Lavender, turquoise ,teal greens and fiery oranges..
And colors I don't think I yet know the names of, because I have never seen them before....

Well this puzzle of mine is half done...and the rest of the pieces are strewn around..
But frankly I'm in no hurry..
I don't really think I need it to be complete ..
I like the pieces staring at me, each has a little story on their own ..

Think I'm rambling..
Think I'm wandering... ..
But at least I'm feeling ..Completely alive...
My pulse and all my senses are completely awake , even while my body succumbs to slumber and dreams that stay in my mind...

Well I think I'm ready to look love into his eyes...
I don't think he is quiet ready for me ...
So I'm waiting and counting 1..2..3..

Have been told that I'm like the wild wind...
Yup so I'm just smiling at me and going back to my incomplete jigsaw....
And letting it stay that way..
Because some Stories are beautiful just as they are....
Unfinished.. and completely Incomplete....

9 comments:

  1. u bang on maria, the fact of the matter is tht there r only 1% women with brains u r 1 of them n i havent met ny1 frm tht 1 person...ur article is inspiring...it helped me to talk to my self, question my self and forced me to answer those questions. i hope tht i find sum1 who luvs me unconditionally n in return i do the same...n one more thing i dunno y....bu i cannot imagine ur face without a smile...u r incomplete without a smile...so always keep smiling coz it helps me to smile as well :) chow for now maria...SAQUIB SHAIKH

    ReplyDelete
  2. MG, I like your thought process because I identify with it in parts. You start with explaining love but quickly mover over to begin analyzing your relationship with the external world. Why do some people hold more importance in our lives than others? What brings them in and takes them out of our lives? These questions are very fundamental in nature and have been baffling mankind forever.

    Whenever I ponder over these questions, I am reminded of the despondent state of Arjuna in the Battlefield of kurukshetra, when it occurred to him that he was about to fight his near and dear ones. (By the way I am not preaching Hinduism. In fact, I am spiritual but not religious. I am assuming you know a thing or two about Mahabharata.) During that time Krishna helped Arjuna come out of his state of despair by giving him the "divine discourse" - Gita, helping him to put things in perspective.

    I discover a new meaning whenever I read the Gita and it is very relevant to the discussion here. The basic takeaway for me, from Gita, is that all living beings experience life as they know it because of their belief that they can experience bliss outside of their union with god. therefore, all human beings are on a spiritual journey to eternal bliss. The events of ones life are designed to enable ones growth in a way so that they can progress towards their ultimate goal, at their own pace and with free will.
    Thus everyone we know, love, hate or meet are here to contribute to our journey towards oneness with god just as we are contributing to theirs. The best path is in this journey is keeping ones senses in control, believing in Karma without caring about the result, and upholding Dharma.
    That is my two cents on your musings.

    Luv and regards,
    Ashish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Maria
    please post Recipes and pics of your christmas lunch... i made some of the dishes from your last years lunch, and my friends loved it !!waiting eagerly for this years recipes and pics too.
    plzzzzz
    love ,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized a very good thing after a very Bad experience.
    Extra ordinary care to anyone will always give Blame,
    not Praise.....SAQUIB SHAIKH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this piece in particular,yes I called it a piece,I loved it in parts & loved it in whole,made me go back & think too......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Saquib,
    Well I'm glad that what I wrote, made some sense to you....

    Dear Ashish,
    Gosh.... I'm trying to figure all you said...
    But yes, it's the journey that is more important than the destination...it's that journey that makes us who we really are, because once we reach our destination...it's actually over ...

    Dear A,
    I'm still trying to collect photographs of my Christmas lunch, and as it's always crazy...I never really get food shots as most gets over before I manage photos ...but will do something as soon as I can ...

    Dear Haj,
    Thank you....

    Dear All,
    Please don't assume that I know any answers, I don't ...
    I'm as lost in the Amazon jungle, but will find my way to Machu Pichu ...
    These are just moments in my life , when I ponder...and wonder...aloud...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is reflection of all the emotions we feel in life. Jumbled up.. Making partial sense.. Mostly left for us to interpret with different perspectives.. Incomplete, without an underlying message yet has feel good attitude to it.
    It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MG, agreed and continue thinking aloud. God Bless - Ashish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sakshi,
    Thank you...
    Its Unfinished like me..and i don't want any closure...
    My mom always told me never close the door on anybody..
    and so I dont..not in my heart...

    ReplyDelete