From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Sunday, January 29, 2012

ME...



Today felt ...
like I have come to rest ..
Spent the whole of last year running around the world and in my head..
I travelled around the world and swam in the sun..
And walked in biting cold..
Till I was all done..
Made so many friends..
And plans to travel far and wide..
Some places I went to...
Some stuff did not ever materialize...
Some people I just met for a little while..
While some will always stay..
Forever and a day...

It's funny ...but I know I should never make plans..
Because I'm part of a big story , part of this play and try as I may, to re-write my part..
The fact is ! The one above...has already written my role..
And given me what's best for me ...
Whether it's what I always wanted or that what I have yet to experience in me..
Well I have to be the best I can...in this role of life that I have in hand...

So I stay in the wings and when it's time for me to walk on stage...
I walk on with a big broad smile on my face..
I say my lines , I twirl and sing...
And in my head and heart thank God..
That I got through this day as best as I could...

Sometimes, we are told to improvise...
Now that's a test , we always face in time..
Where we meet new characters or people we already knew..
But in new avatars ..that throw us a bit askew...
What we do with this time...
Is what tells us, truly who we are...

I have changed , inside- out, upside-down...360 degrees...or more..
That's something we all do...

And I like and respect this new heart ,soul and mind of mine ..
Though sometimes it's very different from what I used to feel ..
I feel I have very little time left ..and so want it spent with the ones I love the most...
I can't do games...
I hate running around a bush...
Well all that happens with that...is that at some point the game ends and you feel all disoriented running around the bend..

So yes, just want to say what's in my heart, my mind and soul..
And when that is done ,I can sit with my self alone..
Feel solace, feel love...
Feel like I have shared what I feel ,and yes , finally know, it's never about the other..
It's always about me...
Sometimes feel like i'm the only one who has ever felt this way at all...

But all that now happens ..
Is because , this is meant to be..
So I sit and wait patiently for a new day to unfold..
And know it will be full of surprises and beautiful things..
Loved ones, kids, friends and plenty of my own meanderings..

I'm making no more plans...
I'm running no more..
I just walking up my mountain , in a slow and steady pace..
With the music I love playing in my heart and mind..
What else do I need..
God has more than fantastically provided for me..

I walk on, I keep my face in the sun..
And when the sun sets...
And the moon shines in all it's delight..
I reach the top ,to arms open wide...

And under the twinkly stars, we sit and share..all our life's secrets without a care..
So until the sun shines again..
Will smile with love pouring out of my heart...hoping for another beautiful day ...
With loving eyes looking into mine...
And a gaze that makes me feel , loved ,and I don't need no words ...
But just this moment in time ...

8 comments:

  1. If you realise that everyone is an individual with his own unique part to play, then the power of tolerance is easy to develop....) Then you dont need to run and plan .... just be ... nicely written enjoyed reading ) now go fly a kite ....))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I'm much older than you and follow your blog/twitter mostly because we share a passion for cooking (and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try :).I don't comment usually but I feel I should today. One of the lessons I've learnt in life is to be authentic and true to who you ARE. This sounded very simple and irrelevant to me when I was younger but as I grow older, and go through experiences, I realise that to be authentic, to live with integrity and first and foremost to do good by and to yourself, to realise that your happiness/joys is not and was never dependent on or at the mercy of anyone else, has been an important lesson. I see that in your post. I wish you much peace, calm and all the little joys that life has to offer. Jamila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kya Dhassu likha maria. NO chemical locha in your mind. All wiring ekdum perfect. The first time I read your post, I read it in a hurry and so did not understand. Read it again today. read every line and enjoyed reading it. So look life in the eye every day, just as you've been doing, enjoy what theday brings you and you are set for that day. The next day is another story waiting to happen. BTW if you are at the beach watching a sunset, say hi to suraj chachu for me. Never realised i was a island girl (Mumbai is one right?) until I moved away from it. Before I leave you, Sapne dekho, magar unke poore hone ki zidd mat karo. So Dream on...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,
    You sound like an enlightened soul, sitting under a banyan tree...
    And yes, I am just BEing..no more running in "any direction"..
    I'm happpy you enjoyed reading ...my random thoughts...

    Dear Jamila,
    I thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom...
    Yes trying to be true to my self ..
    And yes..carrying my happiness in my heart ...and trying to keep it independant of any one, but its a little difficult to do..
    some people do warm my heart up and plaster an irreplacable smile on my face..
    I wish you a wonderful life too..

    Dear Sneha,
    You are a complete doll...
    And listen ...
    I'm as confused as anyone else...
    its just that when I think of certain things in life, words just seem to flow..
    And yes I'm Dreaming on ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. miss gorreti i love you. so so so well written bloody hell. your friend for life co conspirator adviser and student-- J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear J,
    HA HA HA co-conspirator and adviser...true..
    but I truly have a lot to learn from you ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. From your big box of chocolates (Blogs), I picked last years September 19, about Zeke's birthday. you know how you eat a chocolate and wait to eat the centre, if it's filled with some treat. Your poem at the end of the blog was that. I was all emotinal, senti, ready to cry and also happy at the same time. Wonderfabulously written. Zeke is lucky, you're his mom and you ofcourse are super lucky to have that little angel in your life. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. maria...have u always been like dis happy go lucky or av u ever gone thru cold winters dat u value life sooo much?

    ReplyDelete