From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A walk in November

And as I walk alone in the cold ...
I have leaves that follow me everywhere...
They do a dervish dance around my ankles..and keep me company ...the wind is whistling and the sun has set....
I look at the sky and it's gonna be a dark night ahead...
But the trees are filled with red...
Beautiful and swaying ...
Some have bared their leaves ...
And look so cold...
Open to the world , they bare their soul to the wind ...
They are not worried that they have lost their vanity...
But are getting ready to welcome the snow....
And yes, it's so nice to witness nature...
She has no restrictions , she has no rules, she flows with the seasons ...
And embraces all....
She gives us warmth , life and light ...but if you mess with her..
Just like a woman, she lashes out with all her might ...
I look at the sky as it darkens for the night ...
Twinkling stars and a crescent moon ...
And wonder what tomorrow will bring ...
All I know is that, I'm not afraid any more..
Because yes everything will always change ...
That is the only constant in life ....
Nothing lasts forever...that's what I say to my heart , when it drives me crazy with love or solitude ...or pain and confusion ...
This shall pass too, like all the fun and wonderful moments...
Guess , sometimes my heart goes through seasons...but I'm not afraid to bare my soul...
To welcome frost and biting cold , or to feel all alone ...
Because I know, the sun will shine , it just has to ...
And so no matter who you love or care for...
And who you want to ignore...
They are part of your soul and you think of them , whether you would like to or not ...and so with this thought ...
I walk in the cold...
Lips getting chapped and nose like an Eskimo ...
Me, my heart and I ...
Have conversations galore....
Of places , people and what's in store...
Frankly our hearts were meant to get broken and love all over again ...
Cry your heart out if it hurts and when you love, love with abandon...
If you can live and love ..
I think you will have the sun...
Yes it will be followed by the rain ...
But that's beautiful too and makes the earth so fresh and the skies a wanting shade of blue ...
There is a spring and autumn....tooo that's the best time for ..
I love you's....
A walk through a street filled with trees...
It's just like out of a movie scene...
You can sing a song as you walk along and welcome the cold ...
Hold hands for a while and give the tightest hugs...
That's for winters are for ....
As for me think I'm like that song from ,"Grease" ha ha ha 
A girl for all seasons ...
And yes I do have funny reasons ...and make up songs , and have conversations in my head , that I may never be able to say to the person I love instead...
And so I pull my woolies a little tighter around me ...and walk around with a smile ...on this cold day in November ....

7 comments:

  1. Hmm...I wish I could meet u someday! You are a woman full of life!! Sure you can light up everyone around u.....! Also tell your parents when u remember this, that someone said " you both did a great job by naming your daughter 'Maria Goretti'!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jovy,
    Thank you so much ...
    Frankly you live and learn ...
    And yes my parents did an amazing job of razing me in the way they thought best ....
    I love them for everything and thank God for them everyday....
    And thank you , for sharing with me your thoughts ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did u go for the fireworks? It was fun!!! Hope u r enjoying ur course....have fun!!!

    Shikha again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Shikha,
    no I did not..

    Dear Anonymous,
    Thank you , but please may I know who you are ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Angie I am from Oregon & I have recently lost my father.. This poem reminds me... Of him. Of all of the "I love you" 's that were not said often enough between us. Thank you. Peace to u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Angie,
      Peace and love to you too...

      Delete