From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Monday, November 7, 2011

NEVER SAY NEVER....







If someone told me a few weeks ago..
That i would be going to Ireland ..
And sit by a lake in the cold and gaze into waters shimmering like gold ..
Cycling through paths of gravel ..
And gazing at ducks as they swim and quack ..walk up and through the blue mountain range ...
Peep at the sun through falling leaves..
And look at the shadow of the moon on a placid lake..
Stay in a chateau ...
that is unbelievable , steeped in history,culture and luxury beyond compare ..
With help waiting on you everywhere ..
I would never believe a word...never...
But today as I cycle through valley and dale..
Soft cold breeze blow my tresses away ...little drops of dew falling on my nose..
Cycling on paths I have never even dreamed of before...
I feel a calm ..
I feel washed over by peace ..
I feel a love , that is so deep ..
The paths are so inviting and the trees sway..
Leaves totally a fiery orange ,and some barks all bare..
Paths strewn with shades of fiery leaves..
Inviting, beckoning, playing in the breeze..
I walk a bit and join in the game ..
With beautiful fiery orange leaves..
Rustling my name ..
I say good-bye to trees that look ablaze in the suns warm gaze ..
To me orange is the colour of sweet and sad good-byes....
It's the only time that mother nature turns this beautiful shade of rust ..
And burns in all her glory ...
And then goes away ..
Quietly and without a fuss..
Or turns to dust ..
Not to be seen for many a day ...
So I squint into the sunlight and bask in this beautiful orange warmth ...
Don't know when I will ever see this again ..
It makes me feel , like something is about to end ...
I don't want to ponder or even think to much ...
I want to live in this moment ...to me this is more than enough...
It's more precious and perfect than so much I have seen ...
So I close my eyes and just be ...
I say a silent bye, for all the warmth and love that I shared in it's rustic shade ..
Sun-kissed and happy ..
I walk away ..
I go another way and find new paths through tunnels of gravel , that lead to bales of hay...
Beautiful blue skies and lush green fields ..
Puffy clouds that make you smile...
So I stand on the plateau and shout out loud...
And say all the things I want to say ..
Everything that's in my heart ..
I call out to the ones I love and tell them all that I feel , all that i am not able to bring to my lips ...to form into audible words..
The ones that get stuck in my throat, or I'm to scared to say...
Most of the time I just about whisper to myself ..
My eyes cloud with tears from the sun ..
And I feel better that this conversation is done...and my message has been sent...out to the blue skies ..
That Ireland holds ..
This will always stay with me in a special place in my heart..
What the heart feels.. Cannot be put into mere words sometimes .....it's only the eyes that can say a thousand words...without saying anything at all...
Silence , and in that space..is when you can read someone's gaze ...
I loved these two days,it filled me with warmth ,love and peace ..
Thank you dear God for giving me this day ..

And for Rachna and Sanjay...
Bless them keep them well ..
May warm hearts and big smiles, be their friends forever and a while ...

7 comments:

  1. You are God's special child and it is amazing what else he has in store for you. Ireland is just the beginning. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariaaa... I so love this post. Keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got time to read this beautiful poem, only today. It gave my morning a new spirit! Now I can go and do my daily chores with a lively heart! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is something for u to hear...when u get time :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYbHzzWmKUs&feature=related

    A warm and bright melody!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Raj,
    You are Gods special child too....

    Dear Cressida,
    Thank you so much ....

    Dear Gunjan,
    You are a doll...

    Dear Jovy,
    You are so sweet , thank you ....

    Dear Jerly,
    Thank you ...soo much ...

    ReplyDelete