From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SOMEDAYS...

Somedays ...
When I sit alone...
There is a stirring in my soul ...
Of thoughts so deep ..
That I never thought I keep ...
But they are me too ....
They make me ponder and wonder ...
Of life and what's yonder ...
Is what I have all I want ..
Or is there more that my heart thirsts for ..
Sometimes feel like I'm walking in a desert with just the stars at night that lead my way ...
And I feel beautiful inside ...
To be bathed in moon lite
To have the cold nights wind blow through my hair ..
And have to pull my shawl over my shoulders bare ...
To walk on cool sands..
That reach beautiful new lands ...
To meet people I may love and meet strangers sent ...
Just to tell me ..
There is more to life and this is just the beginning of all that I have dreamt...
Sometimes I know what's in store , feel like I have been to this place before ...
The abode of my dreams ...
Is a reality it seems ..
Now all I have to do is walk through that open door ...
Into lush green fields and skies azure..
Of blue birds singing in the sky ..
And daisies and buttercups smiling by...
Fish swimming in the lake ..
And children laughing and tumbling near-by...
It's always spring here ..
And can feel immense love out of every pore ...
Feel warm eyes looking at me ..
I walk towards the love I feel...
And this is no longer a dream ...
I smile and look up to the sun ..
And thank God for all he has done ...
For all the ones ...
I love forever more...
And for giving me this heart ..
That sometimes gets broken and sometimes cries ..
But always has a new sun -rise ...
And is able to live and feel...
Love that is immense ..
That sometimes frankly ..
Does not make sense ...
But who am I to choose ..
It's not me ..
This is between two hearts ..
That make one another happy ..
So with this I end my day ..
Until tomorrow...
I can feel it in my toes and can feel a big broad smile as I crinkle my nose...
And snuggle into the warmth of my bed...
It's gonna be a darn good day ahead ...







Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Maria, what a lovely poem!!! Refreshing and inspiring and full of life! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jovy,
    Thank you so much for reading and commenting ....

    ReplyDelete