From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

NO END...

So how do I define what I cannot understand..
Do I have to put a name to every emotion ..
Like we all have names that seperate us from one another..
Who we are ,where we come from ...

But emotions and feelings ...They are not people or things...
They are like a seamless story..
There is no beginning no end ...
Why do we have to categorize what we feel ..
Feelings are free flowing ..
Like the water of a gushing river from the mountains ..
Full of energy , shiny ripples and babbling laughter ...
Going through forests and plains and playing in the mid-summers rains ..

So why oh why can't I ...

This life was meant to be lived .. With love and joy ...
With laughter and pain ..
All entwined together like an endless tight embrace....
A hug.....
Can you really describe a hug ...
No....
But....even the thought...
Makes you feel warm .. It makes you feel loved ..
So yup !!!
Life is meant to be lived and experienced and felt from the bottom of your heart to the tip of your nose..
To the sparkle in your eye and your smile all coy ..
Yes we all come into this world alone ..
And that's exactly how we will return ...
But in this journey to the rainbows end ..
We do meet many an acquaintance and many a friend ..
We also find love ..
Which to me is all above ..
Everything and all..
It's what keeps me warm ..
When I'm alone at night ...
It makes me smile at silly things ...
And makes me dream of meandering paths..
Bathed is sunlight where horses run wild ...
Where it's always twilight ...
And the sea is blue ....
And as I run over the soft sands..
My hair blowing in the cool breeze ...
I stop and smile ,at that smile ...
That I know is sitting there on the ocean shore...
Don't really need to say much ...
Because what is felt , does not ever need to be explained by mortal souls ..
Who are sitting together in their own warm cocoon ..
Alone ...
Separated from all the din of the world ..
They may just smile, or hold hands for a while, look into each others brown eyes..
And get lost in the magic for a while ...
It maybe for a minute or for a bit more ...
But that time is precious ...
And that's all mine ..
Never to be given back ...
Or taken away ...
Will be held with great care in the warmth of my every breath...
And with every waft of the summer breeze...
It's sweet fragrance will be spread every where...
And so let it be told ...
When you love, you love with all your might...
If it's anything less, it's not worth it ...Right ?







Sent from my iPhone

9 comments:

  1. Maria,these are exactly my thoughts, if only, i could put them into words as well as you do. I loved it. And i do agree with you, in love, anything less is never ever worth it. We never reach that point of 'enough is enough'.

    And i see your beginning to rhyme, keep them coming.Hope all is well at your end :)

    ~Cres

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cressida,
    You are too sweet , thank you so much ...
    And yeah , everything is fantastic at my end ..
    Thank you for asking ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Maria

    Its exactly what I needed to read tonight <3 <3

    And it often so happens that your thoughts be it on the blog or twitter coincide with all the madness in my head :-)

    Thank you! Keep writing

    Love, Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I enter your blog, there is this peace that engulfs me. Have to say, you are a very good writer and love the way you treat life.

    Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love u maria...reading your blog is a kind of healing...stay blessed n keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Simran,
      Thank you for visiting...

      Delete